Gnr Grant Guy MC

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Mr_Fingerz, Sep 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I was just reading the most recent honours list, when I came across this:

"Gunner Grant Guy of The Royal Regiment of Artillery is also awarded the Military Cross for his extreme bravery and utter selflessness. In site of his junior rank he helped the company prevail by taking charge at critical moments of a desperate situation. Gnr Guy repeatedly placed himself in extreme danger in order to extract a comrade from the killing area". ((c) MOD).

Tell that man to "take a "Well Done"" and if you see him, buy him a beer.

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Good drills young man :D

3. Very well done Gunner!

Do we know which regiment he's from? (if not breaking OPSEC and/or PERSEC)

4. as it says in the report...... commando gunner...and ex C Battery Nottinghamshire ACF RSM.

well done fella...... :D

5. I straight away though of 7 PARA RHA. He's obviously 29 CDO. Good drills!

6. Good drills yes, sartorial elegance? No :)

7. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Two Nine Cdo.

Don't know which Bty tho.

8. The only Bty that it could be, 7!!!

9. He is 7(Sphinx) Bty. A really good bloke. When I knew him I always thought he would go on to be a cracking soldier and there you go.

10. Hi All
    Knew Guy well as a cadet, spoke to him the other day, he has always been a good bloke and always will. Proud to know him.

mace

11. does it matter where his badge is at least his intentions were in the right place oh by the way what letters do you have after YOUR name D.I.C.K

12. does it matter where his badge is at least his intentions were in the right place oh by the way what letters do you have after YOUR name D.I.C.K