GMP Officer assualt

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by scotscop, Feb 20, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A police officer has been suspended after he was allegedly caught by CCTV cameras assaulting a man in Manchester.

So it seems the big brother state has turned on the police, anyone seen the footage? Realisitcally he has to be kicking him - shame that one officers action will reduce the GMP standing even more after the undercover reporter who filmed the racist recruits etc [/b]
  2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Slightly surprising that an ex-Para should complain about being roughed up by plod whilst pissed and committing an offence - SOP for Paras/RMP, surely?

What kind of name is Delbo? Perhaps his parents liked 'Only Fools and Horses' but couldn't spell....

On a serious note, Delbo may like to consider that if he hadn't committed the offence in the first place the whole situation would never have arisen.
  3. I'd like to see the unedited footage before making any considered stand on this.
    If the 'assault' occurred before he was cuffed it could be argued that the officer was using appropriate force to restrain a violent offender (a big feller who looks like he could handle himself, by the way). If on the other hand the beating took place after the suspect was cuffed, then the officer is in the wrong and should be penalised.
    I know that it's difficult to switch off the emotions in the thick of things with the adrenaline pumping, but that's what the police are trained for surely?
  4. He's on the ground, cuffed with two other officers holding him down and he's being kicked. As a chap out on the piss I regard this as excessive even if it is edited footage.

He might well deserve a slap for his behaviour but if the copper is stupid enough to do it on the street then he deserves what he's got coming to him.

'Sorry your honour - he fell down the steps' has a much better ring to it!!
  5. GMP are big faggots, could have at least uncuffed him and gave him a chance, they can use truncheons of course.

But really, i think kicking him 8 times is a bit OTT, and starting on a passer by isn’t big. If they had a real reason to kick him, like he was going ape and they had less police on the ground then fair enough, but they didn't, over wise why would they stop when a young couple went by?

Anyway, the GMP are a bunch of fat bastards, look at him huffing and puffing.
  6. you know every GMP officer then?

truncheons were wooden and they got rid of those years ago, batons or nightsticks if your a spam.

Again, know all the GMP officers?
  7. What happens if you are arrested by a Police Officer, but are a commissioned Officer in one of the services?

Say i was just being loud...drunk and disorderly...(never!)
  8. He was polishing his boots......the bloke is probably an ex wooden top :D
  9. You know any? If so you know one more than me.

Stop being pedantic.
  10. Yeah i know 5, theyre all fit ******* who'd run a fair few PTIs into the ground. The actions of one tosser results in good guys (and girls) getting even more sh*t thrown at them.
    S_t_M if you'd have said the officers involved were big faggots and a bunch of fat bastards that'd be fair enough and your opinion, but does every GMP officer deserve that?
  11. The bloke was a daft cnut for smashing up a bus stop (or whatever he did) he was even dafter for doing it near CCTV and dafter still to get caught..............don't think I'd be pushing the compo claim myself, I'd be too :oops: :oops: :oops: at getting caught. All in all it looked like a normal night down the shot to me :lol:

Oh yea...........the copper was just plain stupid (and probably and ex-bootie..........geddit) :lol: :lol: fcuk me I should have gone on the stage :lol:
  12. ....only one taken off front line duty? hmmmmmmm
    What about the guy who smacks his face on the door frame as he loads him into the van?
  13. he'll get over it. Eggbanjo speaks the truth - he shouldn't have caught.
  14. Okay here's the question then what's the worst police experience ever to happen to you when you were out getting shit faced and loudly merry?
    No matter how fukced you are you don't expect to get a kicking in the street, the cell yes, the street?
  15. Might as well, easier than being reasonable.

A few years back i was fighting a few lads, all of us on the floor like tits with me getting the good kicking. The old bill turned up and stood on me to keep me down, also got a few jabs in the ribs too, but nought to write home about, I reckon the other two got worse treatment, but couldn’t see **** all with my eyes totally shagged to bugger’ey.

Average night in Newcastle to be honest, I miss the days. :roll: