GMP Bobby shot dead in Hattersley

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by panzerknacker, Sep 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had they been armed they may have even had the chance to defend themselves.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Second policewoman has now died.

3. He fights police officers trying to arrest him with a high-capacity pistol and - for ****'s sake - grenades, and then meekly hands himself in at the local police station?

That is one weird felon; still needs hanging mind.

Terrible about the two lady rozzers.

4. A 'routine incident'?

Right.

'Now ladies, go and see if Mr Creegan is in, and if he is, ask him if he wouldn't mind, if he has a few spare moments, coming down to the station to talk to us about his recent use of gun and granades to kill a couple of people, ok? No pressure, right?'

The decision by Mr Overweight God-Plod and his crew in sending unarmed police women to a 'routine incident, perhaps a simple house check, seems to have gone totally tits up.

Bearing in mind that the routine incident involved a man suspected of carrying two horrific murders in the very recent past, you have to ask what the GMP consider to be an 'out of the ordinary incident'.

What a bunch of fuckwits

RIP Lady police officers.

tac

• Like Like x 1
  5. **** me thats a bit shit.

Not a nice place to rock up at, even at the best of times.

6. If that is indeed the case, whoever planned the operation ought to be looking at a charge of negligent manslaughter.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Plunderer
    I believe the evidence points to the fact that they attended a routine incident and came across him. Rather than being sent to specifically arrest him.
    Shitty shitty day.

8. 307

307 War Hero

I read that they weren't on a specific arrest op, just responding to an 'incident' where unfortunately, this chap was involved.

I still believe the Police should be armed, when you have officers being gunned down in the cold light of day, oiks engaging a police helicopter during the riots it is time to re-evaluate matters. X-26 Tasers for all at the very least.

• Like Like x 2
  9. That's how I read it on Sky news as well.

Still a shitty day though.

Sent from my Speak and Spell using White Mans Magic.

10. Arm all Police in the UK now criminals have easy access to weapons and some are prepared to use them as this shocking incident shows RIP those brave officers murdered in cold blood today with no chance to defend themselves

11. ****ing big balls they had in that case.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Apologies for any misleading posts.

However, my comment about being sent into known harm's way stands.

tac

13. How about we wait to find out what happened before throwing phrases like 'negligent manslaughter' about?

There's nothing to say either way that they knew who the person involved in the incident was at the point they responded.

14. Hence my employment of the word 'if'.