Gluten Free Bread

Is there any health benefits to eating gluten free bread. I have tried it before but find the taste not good, and the bread crumbles easily when buttered. I am not gluten intolerant. Has any one tried this as an alternative to ordinary bread.:rolleyes::(:(:(:(

I think that it's intended for coeliac disease sufferers and the wheat allergic. I cannot see any reason why others would benefit.

An excuse for producers and suppliers to ramp up the price.

Is there any health benefits to eating gluten free bread. I have tried it before but find the taste not good, and the bread crumbles easily when buttered. I am not gluten intolerant. Has any one tried this as an alternative to ordinary bread.:rolleyes::(:(:(:(
Just get nurse Olga and matron to wire your jaws together fatty.:)

It most likely worse for you calorie wise , and its much more expensive . There is simply no need for the majority of people to buy it . And it does not taste good or have a nice texture , its more like crumbly bad tasting cake .

My stomach doesn't like wheat if i eat it a lot so i just avoid it most of the time . Most people [ mostly women ] seem to eat it as they do believe its more healthy and its almost become fashionable in there circles to say they don't eat it or have coeliacs when they don't . I can guarantee that if you pop to your local supermarket you will see at least one fashionable 25-45 year old woman eyeing it all up .

Wheat is no worse than any other carbohydrate , its how much you eat that it the problem .

It most likely worse for you calorie wise , and its much more expensive . There is simply no need for the majority of people to buy it . And it does not taste good or have a nice texture , its more like crumbly bad tasting cake .

My stomach doesn't like wheat if i eat it a lot so i just avoid it most of the time . Most people [ mostly women ] seem to eat it as they do believe its more healthy and its almost become fashionable in there circles to say they don't eat it or have coeliacs when they don't . I can guarantee that if you pop to your local supermarket you will see at least one fashionable 25-45 year old woman eyeing it all up .

Wheat is no worse than any other carbohydrate , its how much you eat that it the problem .
There seems to be a trend for people to claim that they have mild Asperger's or are Bipolar when they are not. Another form of attention seeking, I guess. They think that it'll make them seem more interesting.

Thick people have always claimed dyslexia.

I was recommended to try Burgen bread as an alternative to Warbies. It was more to do with diet, I'm diabetic, than intolerances. I alternate the different make ups and find it quite good. As said, tendency to crumble with buttering but the lower calorific value, high fibre content means I can scoff my bacon sarnie with no guilt. :cool:

It's utter gash. Taste like cardboard, and at over 2 sovs a loaf I stopped eating bread altogether. Except burger buns and kebab pittas obviously. I am after all a fat gutsy bastard

I only have british bread occasionally now. I felt bloated after eating the stuff and it left a sour taste in the mouth afterwards. I was told I might be gluten intolerant. Nope just crap bread intolerant.

Google Chorleywood method and you will see what passes for bread with most british bakeries.

I get my bread from the local polish shops now, proper bread made with proper ingredients not concoctions of god knows what. Same price or cheaper than the british mass produced crap as well. I can get 800 grams of sour dough rye or kujawski (wheatbread) for £1.39, the local artisan bakery used to sell similar for £4 a loaf. The more normal cheap bread is 99p for 800 grams and has some of the chemicals that the brit stuff has to preserve it but at least avoids the Chorleywood process so you don't have that massive amount of yeast that you get with british bread rather than a properly slow proved bread.

I know that Tesco bakery bread is revolting and gives me a terrible stomach pain and diarrhea . Buy a french stick from there and them from another supermarket and see the difference .

Basically it has no health benefits to eating it , unless you are a coeliac , the benefit being that you will not be doubled up in pain with stuff running out of you . If you are coeliac its much easier to just get used to not having it as its a pretty poor substitute .