Gloves

I am looking for gloves for UK use durable for use in the field and when weapon handling. I do not get issued gloves so "stick to issue" is mr an option, unless buying issue gloves is my best bet. Preferably for use all year round so cool enough to wear on summer but suitable for bad weather in winter.
Cheers
KUG

Could you have not opened one thread saying; "I need some gloves and a torch!" Rather than the two?

Speak to man at Q&Ms - They're really well stocked you know! :)

Can't ask QM we don't stock gloves, would of opened one thread but only thought about torches minutes after this thread.

Medium I guess (don't know measurements). He could do but would come out of detachment funds (my bad if you didnt realize I was a cadet).
(edit again for even worse mong iPod fingers)

How do you measure what size you need? My previous were a large and were to big so I just presumed a medium, I there any official measurements?
And tanks for the help.

For 30 to 40 quod I'd expect more than an ok pair of gloves. Thanks for the help though DW, been eyeing the oks on rvops for a while but 40 is a bit much I think, will look Into Blackhawks.

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
The Blackhawk ones are around the same price, as a cadet you shouldnt be looking at spending more than a tenner on gloves IMHO. Try looking for a pair of the thin leather issue gloves off fleabay.

I think these suit my needs:
http://www.body-armour-protection.co.uk/511-tactical-tac-a-gloves/
Put are at the top of my price range so I'll do as suggested and look for a cheap pair of leather gloves, also means I cam cannibalize them as needed. Only problem I ha is I bought I a cheap pair of leather "rappelling gloves" suppose to be modern day NI gloves fine when wet boon as soon as they dried became very stiff.

I think these suit my needs:
5.11 Tactical Tac-A Gloves, 5.11 Tactical Tac-A2 Gloves 5.11 Combat Gloves, 5.11 Military Gloves, 5.11 Gloves, 5.11 Tactical Gloves, 5.11 Black Gloves, lightweight military gloves, Police Gloves, search gloves, army gloves, airsoft gloves, combat glo
Put are at the top of my price range so I'll do as suggested and look for a cheap pair of leather gloves, also means I cam cannibalize them as needed. Only problem I ha is I bought I a cheap pair of leather "rappelling gloves" suppose to be modern day NI gloves fine when wet boon as soon as they dried became very stiff.
Dubbin - problem solved!

Im personally not a huge fan of wearing issue gloves in the field, as I think you lose too much sensitivity when weapon handling (particularly bombing up magazinges and reloading/opening and closing webbing pouches).

With that in mind I was on the look out for a basic 'contact glove' to use when stagging on at night. I didnt want to spend a lot of money on decent gloves such as Blackhawk or 5.11 tactical, so I ended up with a pair of black winter golf gloves for about £4 from an online golf store. They are a great fit, with leather palms and waterproof fleece backs which provides excellent grip, makes them warm, comfortable and extremelly sensitive for weapon handling.

If your on a budget or like me dont like wearing gloves that often and therefore dont want to spend a lot, its a good alternative. Obviously thet are not soldier proof, but given when and for how long I actually wear them, its not much of an issue.

Im personally not a huge fan of wearing issue gloves in the field, as I think you lose too much sensitivity when weapon handling (particularly bombing up magazinges and reloading/opening and closing webbing pouches).

With that in mind I was on the look out for a basic 'contact glove' to use when stagging on at night. I didnt want to spend a lot of money on decent gloves such as Blackhawk or 5.11 tactical, so I ended up with a pair of black winter golf gloves for about £4 from an online golf store. They are a great fit, with leather palms and waterproof fleece backs which provides excellent grip, makes them warm, comfortable and extremelly sensitive for weapon handling.

If your on a budget or like me dont like wearing gloves that often and therefore dont want to spend a lot, its a good alternative. Obviously thet are not soldier proof, but given when and for how long I actually wear them, its not much of an issue.
Might be a cadet attempt at ally but we normally remove the tips of the fingers from thumb and index finger and some even do their middle finger, think the middle finger was inspired by the hurt locker film and i'm not sure why you need that one... i'll probably get a cheep pair then i'm free to remove fingers without worrying about ruining my expensive gloves. It's mainly my palms and knuckles that need protection i guess.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Classified Ads 15
A Weapons, Equipment & Rations 11
spank_the_monkey Weapons, Equipment & Rations 22