Gloves, PCS cold weather. I haven't seen anything related to new gloves.

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by BuggerAll, Aug 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Has anyone seen anything about gloves for PCS? There are hot weather gloves in MTP for current ops but I have not seen anything about gloves for general issue as part of PCS.

Something similar to the current CS95 gloves in MTP or green would be sensible or brown to match the boots. The original CS95 gloves where green but they quickly turned black - probably something to do with money.

2. we would need a hand bag to match the gloves and boots then!

3. rugby-ralph-lauren-camo-bag-collection-0-320x213.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Will they come with tabs for tying the string that passes through the arms of the jacket?

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Wasnt there anything in the PCS Sticky about gloves? If not can somebody please update it as thats wht its there for!

6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I have not seen anything and my searches come up empty but there are 259 pages on the PCS thread its hardly realistic to trawl through all of them - much of it being a debate about down and out v up and in.

7. And that is exactly what they will be.

8. We deployed to FI (RIC) in PCS earlier this year & still used the issued black leather gloves & DPM mitts (outer & inner) as no PCS ancils yet.

9. I have seen PCS MTP leather gloves on e-bay, but the airsoft walts with too much money end up bidding stupid amounts for them. Same as the DDPM ones.

But no CW PCS glove AFAIK.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Admittedly I did see a wierd leather DDPM pair in a surplus shop when getting gas for the camp stove but nothing in MTP yet!

11. [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Cheers dits

13. I have been issued mtp leather gloves, they are the same as the black ones but in mtp.

I realise this isn't the worlds most interesting reply.

14. It being chilly on Thursday, I went and got a pair of gloves from the clothing stores. I was given another pair of black leather ones (can't find last year's pair). The year before that all they had were some green stringy things with little rubber dots all over them.