Glourious Commonwealth Recruitment Question

Am Cpl, Can army reserves. Want to join UKarmy reserves by summer of 2020 while going to school there. Is this possible via internet/phone calls or is Capita such a shitshow that I'll have to travel to UK beforehand to actually talk to someone? No one has responded to my emails.

2018 News said army will 'open applications early next year'. Figure it out. Have they done ANY commonwealth recruitment? Could someone please give me a sitrep on this because I can't find very much.

Thanks gents.

How long ago did you email? Who did you email and what did you ask? Did you make sure it made sense too?
Tell them how inept they are, in sure that'll help.

(Ps - I can't imagine any employer wanting to interview an employee face to face these days. How old fashioned is that?)

How long ago did you email? Who did you email and what did you ask? Did you make sure it made sense too?
Tell them how inept they are, in sure that'll help.

(Ps - I can't imagine any employer wanting to interview an employee face to face these days. How old fashioned is that?)
Thanks for reply,

I emailed the Royal Regiment of Scotland directly twice in December. They were concise emails saying that I'm a Canadian looking to join. Perhaps I should have emailed the generic army address? Wanted to email the Regiment directly because that's where I was hoping to live and they would have told me immediately whether they had slots open etc. I guess they may be more likely to respond now, will try another email.

I was thinking of asking in person to try and to get contact info and to put a face to my application to stand out a little more I guess.

Am Cpl, Can army reserves. Want to join UKarmy reserves by summer of 2020 while going to school there. Is this possible via internet/phone calls or is Capita such a shitshow that I'll have to travel to UK beforehand to actually talk to someone? No one has responded to my emails.

2018 News said army will 'open applications early next year'. Figure it out. Have they done ANY commonwealth recruitment? Could someone please give me a sitrep on this because I can't find very much.

Thanks gents.
not sure how international transfers are but i feel like your going to have to apply for the Army here like every other commonwealth citizen? im Canadian and im just about to begin my phase one here

not sure how international transfers are but i feel like your going to have to apply for the Army here like every other commonwealth citizen? im Canadian and im just about to begin my phase one here
also i think you can only apply for full time forces here as well because you need an ILR (Indefinite Leave Remain) for reserves as you need permission to live here, unless you hold dual citizenship?

A Cpl in the CF reserve is a freebie rank earned with time served, not on par with the UK system. The rank structure is also different as well and on paper a Canadian Cpl is only on par with a UK Lcpl, so realistically he will have to go through the complete training same as a civvy off the street. Curious though what regiment he belongs to as that could open a few doors if he’s serious about his inquiry.

also i think you can only apply for full time forces here as well because you need an ILR (Indefinite Leave Remain) for reserves as you need permission to live here, unless you hold dual citizenship?
I'm intending to just release from the CDN reserves before I go.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm intending to just release from the CDN reserves before I go.
you will have to apply online and do everything there unless your already here for another reason and apply while your here, as long as you have permission to be in the UK the application does take around 5 months sometimes sooner if your medically fit (which you are obviously) but you will get a chance to mention your past service in the application. Your going to have to deal with all of capitas bs unfortunately..

A Cpl in the CF reserve is a freebie rank earned with time served, not on par with the UK system. The rank structure is also different as well and on paper a Canadian Cpl is only on par with a UK Lcpl, so realistically he will have to go through the complete training same as a civvy off the street. Curious though what regiment he belongs to as that could open a few doors if he’s serious about his inquiry.
True about Cpls being a freebie, am a RCEME Veh Tech tho so its more difficult than combat arms to obtain (DP1 = 3 courses instead of 1).

While I've enjoyed being a Veh Tech, its not what I would be interested in if I go. I'm aware that joining The REME may be my best chance, but it hasn't been my cup of tea. I'm confident in my general soldier skills/ state of health to pass any of the assessment tests. To pair with where my current Civvy career is heading, I would love to join the AMS as a combat med tech. Still deciding on the specifics.

Thanks.

Latest Threads