Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Gloucestershires very own during the war tour, guided by your resident Uncle Albert walt

I have another booking in late October but no spaces
if any one wants another time November would be best as that is mostly free from work, and more things are visible without foliage

Regrettably I’m now too far away to make it viable but out of interest, anything around Wotton-under-Edge?
oddly there is much there, most of hidden away and off the beaten track, albeit not in the town itself
do you have transport ?
if not perhaps I could collect you in the batmobile and whizz you around a few interesting places

oddly there is much there, most of hidden away and off the beaten track, albeit not in the town itself
do you have transport ?
if not perhaps I could collect you in the batmobile and whizz you around a few interesting places
I’m in Cheshire and getting consecutive days free of kids, work etc. Thanks for the offer though.

I have another booking in late October but no spaces
if any one wants another time November would be best as that is mostly free from work, and more things are visible without foliage

I don't know how I missed all this. I'm near Malmesbury and often around the Cotswolds and see various sites as I hurtle past. Please count me in for the future...

F51633A7-A277-435B-BFB4-5972463CA36C.jpeg

Not quite pussy galores flying circus

Co
View attachment 611698View attachment 611700

Mrs Slocums husband does exceptionally informative tours
If anyone has the time contact Joshua
A few points if I may:

@joshuaslocum

A 1950s Morris Minor is not the ideal vehicle to bring on a trip such as this. It was like being on an episode of Antiques Road trip in the relic you drove us about in.

I couldn't work out which was older, you or the the motor. A flat cap and driving gloves is not a good look by the way.

Can you repair the roof of said Morris please? A bit of rain and the passenger seat became like the deck of Titanic after hitting the iceberg.

The yokels of Gloucester do not understand jockanese as @Tigerstacker found out.

How many airfields and former yank camps in bloody Gloucestershire?

I have no intention of reading Laurie Lee or any other shite cider related books.

Other than that thank you for showing us around that lovely county of yours.

In defence of Mrs Slocums hubby, he knows every knook and cranny even the pig lane and the hidden lane in plain sight
Weather helps at the most prominent dogging location and of course a good slap up lunch in Cirencester

In defence of Mrs Slocums hubby, he knows every knook and cranny even the pig lane and the hidden lane in plain sight
Weather helps at the most prominent dogging location and of course a good slap up lunch in Cirencester
The Slap up lunch was nice , and the waitress enjoyed having her big old arse slapped a few times, at her age and size its a rare old treat !!
The Grub at the W.R.V.S. Church hall do is nice and cheap , and the pensioners special went down a treat
Cecily did ask me who the handsome young French chap was , I dont think she recognised his Highland Twang !