• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Gloucester OR Cheltenham?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
A good place to visit is Snowshill manor
they have an outstanding collection of Samurai Armour, plus tons of other stuff
also worth visiting but only on weekends
Jet age museum > Home
Gloucester has some interesting sights, the Cathedral is well worth a visit, as is the Army Museum, the waterways museum is good, and the old city museum is wonky and full of unusual stuff
if you get a chance to visit Tewkesbury, they have an old museum full of interesting unusual items, on the top floor is a model fairground thats a joy to see

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
if you decide to visit cheltenham, PM me and I can give you directions to an amazing unspoilt little hamlet
I wont post it on here in case too many people visit

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I reckon it was Charlton Kings. She lives in Churchdown, there were the roadworks by the airport, which is why she ignored my route via Newbarn Lane. So... Golden Valley, Lansdown, wrong turn at Tivoli, Charlton Kings.

Sounds like a posh Mornington crescent
aye its a bit like that round here, I usually cycle to work and drop my kit of the night before, we have a one way system so good that bank robbers dont bother any more

I reckon it was Charlton Kings. She lives in Churchdown, there were the roadworks by the airport, which is why she ignored my route via Newbarn Lane. So... Golden Valley, Lansdown, wrong turn at Tivoli, Charlton Kings.

Sounds like a posh Mornington crescent
Assume we are playing in accordance with the Abbey Cloister Regulations 1343 (as incorporated into the Cantelupe Rules), so the only logical choice is . . . Northway!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Just booked a place in Clun. Thanks for all the advice, again!
Both the Sun and the White Horse are excellent...

For a nice days walk I can really recommend the Kerry Ridgeway - it has fantastic views. The whole area is gorgeous, but as you can see from an OS map, the hills are often very steep, so unless you're training for selection, do be a bit careful about planning your routes!

Another good days walk is the portway along Long Mynd.

if you decide to visit cheltenham, PM me and I can give you directions to an amazing unspoilt little hamlet
I wont post it on here in case too many people visit
Lower Slaughter

thumb.jpg

Friends of ours are going to Lower Slaughter. August 2018. Not GREAT walkers but they do love the countryside and would like visiting a good farm (shop?) in the area as they're butchers. Any suggestions?

Both the Sun and the White Horse are excellent...

For a nice days walk I can really recommend the Kerry Ridgeway - it has fantastic views. The whole area is gorgeous, but as you can see from an OS map, the hills are often very steep, so unless you're training for selection, do be a bit careful about planning your routes!

Another good days walk is the portway along Long Mynd.
Just back from a fantastic (good weather!!) stay in Clun.
Loved the place, from the drive into Clun from the east (having a very good beer and a pie in the Hundred Rooms pub) to start it all off, to the (sometimes pretty severe) walks to the south and north of Clun, to the friendliness of the people there, to the mind-blowing silence, the views, to the starry nights & …. do I need to go on?

Of the 2 pubs we frequented, I preferred the White Horse. The Sun was a bit too local for my likings. Better food and all in the Horse.

When they're steaming, you can take the train from just behind the racecourse for a gentle chuff across the Cotswolds. Jump on and off as you please. Just about walkable from town past Pitville Pump Rooms.