Glock Field Knife

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by 307, Jun 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 307

307 War Hero

Trying to locate a source for Glock field knife other than USMC (don't ever trade with them, bunch of nobbers who will just fanny yuo round!) Can anyone help, tried googling it but just got a load of crap about airsoft and games.

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

3. usmc is ok if you go to the shop but the staff do look like a bunch of
    student wannabe stoners .Is the glock knife any good had an cold steel srk but flogged as i thought crab air would nick it :) .

4. The Glock field knife has its pros and cons:
    Pro:
    length: 160 mm
    Rather cheap
    good balanced
    integrated bottle opener 8)

cons:
    steel is not stainless
    scabbard only suitable for some belts
    black coating not durable

[​IMG]

I used mine for some time and it never let me down but I changed it for a CRKT M60 recently - a bit more expensive but stainless steel, jagged blade, very durable 115 mm.
    [​IMG]

5. Depending on the circumstances not being stainless could be seen as being an advantage.

Stainless is hard and umm stainless, it doesn't corrode easily (althugh it does corrode), it can be brittle as a result of the hardening process, depends on the grade of stainelss and it's an absolute bugger to sharpen once you've worn the edge.

High carbon tool seel tends to be more flexible and resistant to chipping, it doesn't hold it's edge as well as good stainless. It'll corrode easily if not cared for but it can be easily worked to a very fine edge with hand tools.

Pays your money and takes your choice.

6. 307

307 War Hero

Cheers Auld-Yin but 150 dollars to ship over here, they can naff orf. I thought that they look rather decent and for the price, you can hardly go wrong. As for the scabbard, theres always buckshe ways of attaching it to things, just takes some initiative.

7. 307

307 War Hero

Mate they came up as not working them URLs.

8. 307

307 War Hero

Cheers mate got it, looks quite a nifty shop that place, gore tex kraut issue boots for about 50 euros, happy days.

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

...and of course you won't want to be without your:

CS-92SF Cold Steel Special Forces Shovel
    $26.99 $20.99 Our Price!
    Part #:CS-92SF
    COLD STEEL SPECIAL FORCES SHOVEL - The Special Forces Shovel is modeled after the original Soviet Spetsnaz shovel. The Spetsnaz were the Soviet army's most elite unit, and were renowned for the their deadly efficiency. Trained to travel light, the Sptesnaz packed only the bare essentials. One of their favorite tools was their unique shovel which features a broad flat blade and three sharp edges for maximum versatility. Cold Steel's shovel follows the Soviet design as faithfully as possible with improvements in the steel (twice as thick) and heat treatment.

Good grief:roll:

10. 307

307 War Hero

my trusty tool entrenching will do me ta

11. Do nthey do discounts for jackets? :lol:

12. go to Helston Gunsmiths, they are the sole Glock agents for the UK, www.helstongunsmiths.com, 2 types of Glock knives around £20-00 each, they come in black, green and desert tan, hope this helps, best regards, Chris.

13. what he said.............

got a glock knife myself, its the best no nonsence blade I own and cheap as chips for what your getting. value.

Helson here also has the saw-back blade option for those ninja gut-ripping underwater jobbies. best in black.