Global Warming.... is that what it is then

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Wija, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Yes, get down B&Q

2. No, get your Scuba gear out

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being at work today and doing the job I do, it would be fair to say that Global warming is not all it is cracked up to be...

Here is the rainfall chart for 13:00 today in the UK.

Attached Files:

2. Where's the chart?
  3. Yeah, ok elbow and arse syndrome there...
  4. It's the April showers lads, just a touch "British Rail"
  5. Global warming is a load of bollocks.

The Arctic ice-cap and the ice on the Himalayas are not reducing, in fact they show every signs of growing.

Mars is getting warmer too. See you bad boys warming up the climate there too.

Can't believe so many Brits are following my country's ManBearPig.

6. To be honest, i believe that we are simply in the middle of two ice ages, and it will start to get colder in a few hundered years.
  7. SparkySteve, you don't work for the BBC do you?
  8. If i did, i would be trying to take it apart from the inside, feller.
  9. USAegit, you've just demonstrated your complete lack of intelligence.

Global warming is now accepted by scientists the world over; THere is no debate as to whether it is "real" or not, it is happening. Perhaps if more US citizens were actually educated..?
  10. Why answer? You KNOW he's not a Yank, FFS.
  11. Or alternatively we take a look at all of the cycles that have occurred between ice ages and since the last one (the last warm cycle being in the eleventh century or so) and come to the view that holistically we are probably just a tad warmer due to ooh I dunno.....whats that big yellow thing in the sky called again? :roll:

I know there is more CO2 in the atmosphere. I know that Man is to blame. I also know that ON ITS OWN CO2 levels could do no more to the level of Global warming than I could by running around and working up a sweat.

The greatest contributor to the Greenhouse effect? Water. Go figure.

I don't deny Global Warming is happening. I just don't believe that man is the sole and whole cause. I think Momma nature is getting her bad self all riled up and is preparing for something pretty cataclysmic in the next 10000 years or so. And Man will not be able to do a bloody thing about it. :omfg:

12. If the human race is STILL going in 10,000 years, I would be shocked. I sincerely hope that if it is, it will have finally got its act together! :)
  13. We share views, sir.
  14. We should have a "I fed the troll" donation jar... the proceeds can be then put to constructive uses. :wink:
  15. Sorry for feeding the troll, I just find it amusing.