• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Global Warming.... is that what it is then

Should we start building Arks and other floating type vehicles?

• Yes, get down B&Q

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, get your Scuba gear out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Global warming is a load of bollocks.

The Arctic ice-cap and the ice on the Himalayas are not reducing, in fact they show every signs of growing.

Mars is getting warmer too. See you bad boys warming up the climate there too.

Can't believe so many Brits are following my country's ManBearPig.

Idiots.

USAegit, you've just demonstrated your complete lack of intelligence.

Global warming is now accepted by scientists the world over; THere is no debate as to whether it is "real" or not, it is happening. Perhaps if more US citizens were actually educated..?

The_Goon said:

Global warming is now accepted by scientists the world over; THere is no debate as to whether it is "real" or not, it is happening. Perhaps if more US citizens were actually educated..?
Why answer? You KNOW he's not a Yank, FFS.

The_Goon said:

Or alternatively we take a look at all of the cycles that have occurred between ice ages and since the last one (the last warm cycle being in the eleventh century or so) and come to the view that holistically we are probably just a tad warmer due to ooh I dunno.....whats that big yellow thing in the sky called again? :roll:

I know there is more CO2 in the atmosphere. I know that Man is to blame. I also know that ON ITS OWN CO2 levels could do no more to the level of Global warming than I could by running around and working up a sweat.

The greatest contributor to the Greenhouse effect? Water. Go figure.

I don't deny Global Warming is happening. I just don't believe that man is the sole and whole cause. I think Momma nature is getting her bad self all riled up and is preparing for something pretty cataclysmic in the next 10000 years or so. And Man will not be able to do a bloody thing about it. :omfg:

Heed.

If the human race is STILL going in 10,000 years, I would be shocked. I sincerely hope that if it is, it will have finally got its act together! :)

Heedthebaw said:
The_Goon said:

Or alternatively we take a look at all of the cycles that have occurred between ice ages and since the last one (the last warm cycle being in the eleventh century or so) and come to the view that holistically we are probably just a tad warmer due to ooh I dunno.....whats that big yellow thing in the sky called again? :roll:

I know there is more CO2 in the atmosphere. I know that Man is to blame. I also know that ON ITS OWN CO2 levels could do no more to the level of Global warming than I could by running around and working up a sweat.

The greatest contributor to the Greenhouse effect? Water. Go figure.

I don't deny Global Warming is happening. I just don't believe that man is the sole and whole cause. I think Momma nature is getting her bad self all riled up and is preparing for something pretty cataclysmic in the next 10000 years or so. And Man will not be able to do a bloody thing about it. :omfg:

Heed.
We share views, sir.

Rumpelstiltskin said:
The_Goon said:

Why answer? You KNOW he's not a Yank, FFS.
We should have a "I fed the troll" donation jar... the proceeds can be then put to constructive uses. :wink:

Nonsense, haven't you seen BBC's own surgical dissection of the global warming syndrome, ultimately calling it a load of balls?

It appears, The Goon, that you do not have any relatives or friends in higher academia (not surprising). These scientists are creating an industry to exploit, with idiot savants like ManBearPig getting rich over selling carbon credits. Every scientific paper has to have a "global warming" angle to sell nowadays, "Child spasticism and its effects from global warming", "Leadership skills of obese grenadier officers and fallout on global warming", etc ad naseum.

Sure the world is warming, but human contribution is a tiny fraction of a per cent in contribution. Mars is warming too. Could Earth warming be, um, that big fiery orb in the sky acting up? Why it is, Winston!

My country, America, will never be hostage to false ideology-driven science. In our veins run manifest destiny.

USALegate said:
Nonsense, haven't you seen BBC's own surgical dissection of the global warming syndrome, ultimately calling it a load of balls?

It appears, The Goon, that you do not have any relatives or friends in higher academia (not surprising). These scientists are creating an industry to exploit, with idiot savants like ManBearPig getting rich over selling carbon credits. Every scientific paper has to have a "global warming" angle to sell nowadays, "Child spasticism and its effects from global warming", "Leadership skills of obese grenadier officers and fallout on global warming", etc ad naseum.

Sure the world is warming, but human contribution is a tiny fraction of a per cent in contribution. Mars is warming too. Could Earth warming be, um, that big fiery orb in the sky acting up? Why it is, Winston!

My country, America, will never be hostage to false ideology-driven science. In our veins run manifest destiny.
Heeeeeerrrrreeeee Trolly Trolleeeeeeeee. Heeeeeerrrrreeeee Lil Troll, come onnnnnnnn you knooooooow you want iiiiitt.

Kiss my hairy swollocks you mong.

I post this to ensure fellow esteemed arrsers do not feel that I may in any way have agreed with USMong.

Heed.

Global warming? About fcukin' time! Tis fcukin' freezing in Jockland and it's about time we had a decent spell of warm/hot weather.

Does anybody remember 'The Great Global Warming Swindle' on Ch 4 a while ago. They interviewed a few scientists who appeared to know what they were talking about and who didn't appear to be funded by oil companies etc.

In a nutshell, they believed the following:-

1. Global warming/climate change is undoubtedly happening.
2. Only 1% of CO2 is man made
3. Nearly all of it is created by sea creatures
4. In previous warm periods, a rise in CO2 happened after the temperature rise. They speculated that increased sea temperature caused increased sea life so increased CO2.

Anybody got an opinion on this? Now I know that fish 'breathe' in oxygen from water through their gills. Do they excrete CO2? What about little sea creatures like plankton? Do they 'breathe'.

Are there enough sea creatures to create 99% of CO2 emissions - I thought insects were the most populous type of life on earth? Indeed, do insects breathe and/or fart and could this be contributing to global warming, as I believe cow flatulence does?

It's at times like this that I wish I'd done o-level bioligy.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
USALegate said:
Do you do stand-up? Sorry, sorry, sorry, couldn't help myself. Anyway, it's too late, I've fed the cnut already.

Back to the debate: Yes, the place is warming up, yes, it's rather nice; why should Spain be the only place in Europe that gets all the topless fanny on the beaches?

As for the causes, we could go round in circles for years laying blame on a multitude of different things, but one thing is for sure - this carbon trading thing is the biggest, scamming load of swollocks since the invention of a reason to invade Iraq. Ooops, there I go - idealogically driven science and invisible WMD's. :twisted:

Does anyobody actually believe that gummint and big business are busily planting trees all over the 3rd world to assuage our collective conscience? Get real!

Why the hell is it all down to C02 anyway? C02 is good for plant life. It's all the other disgusting pollutants that grip my sh!t, but nobody seems to mentioning these at the moment. Acid rain anyone?