Global warming. Deception or not?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Oct 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently Russian main TV channel - TV1 showed a film: "History of one deception or Global warming". There were many facts in the film. It appears that the epic battle with "Global warming" is a huge industry.

In fact the film was created on a base of British film "The Great Global Warming Swindle" with many additions.

Of course, the ecologists and prominent "fighters" branded the film as vulgar.

Today BBC Russian ask its listeners about their attitude to the film, to the Global warning.

What would be your comments?
  2. Climate change is an inescapable fact. This planet has always changed and willcontinue to do so. Man has virtually no impact upon that.
    Future generations will pour scorn upon us for our misguided atempts to do a King Canute on the job, instead of adapting oursleves to suit our changing environment we squander precious resources trying to stop the tide coming in.
  3. I'm sick of being told to save the planet, when Africa, Asia, China, USSR etc are doing sod all.

I'm sick of having 5 waste bins and watching the binmen dump the stuff into one cart.

I'm sick of stupid light bulbs that don't "light" and paying higher prices to save the climate.

Stuff the climate.
  4. Bollocks, will continue doing what I've always done. According to current Mrs Chance, I'm a waster so that's that!
  5. The planet has undergone far more rapid climate changes and mass extinctions in its 4 billion year history than this one. However the main reason for the hysteria is not the preservation of the planet but that of mankind, the planet will carry on regardless if we are here or not.
  6. [​IMG]

There are benefits to global warming !! There should be a carbon subsidy
    During the holocene optimum the temp was warmer than it is now. This was the warmest period since the ice age. The Sahara was green and forests in Russia extended 200km further North than they do now. A bad thing?
    ^^ That site has a list of advantages and disadvantages.
    If the holocene optimum is anything to go by you can add alot more to the advantages list.

Stansted University says we will live longer and be healthier in a warmer world