Global Veterans' Alliance and Save our Rights UK

I see that an organisation 'Save our Rights UK' - apparently part of the so-called Global Veterans Alliance - staged a protest on the Embankment side of MOD on Saturday. Cue a few rotund chaps in berets and ill-fitting blazers demanding 'rights'.

Save our Rights UK appears anti-vaxx and their website alludes to a few zany conspiracies and linked to 'Save our Kids' - which is inked to the QAnon nonsense.

Global Veterans Alliance (sic) seems part of the the same organisation and related to Resistance GB - you know, those sad old Alkies who were threatening to overthrow the government a few months ago. Although, to be fair, they stress they're not a Militia, but their website is littered with Sovereign Citizen references.

Why do a group of fat old men who put on berets suddenly think they're a political movement - and in doing so, seem to lose any sense of rational thought?

Last edited:
Why do a group of fat old men who put on berets sudden
Don't know what you mean :cool:

banner-for-YT-1568x569.jpg

Never trust any cünt in a beret.

Here's a recent video about one of the recent protests. Apart from a sense of unease, there's no clear campaign plan or manifesto; basically, older blokes (and one or two blokesses) tied together by having served.

No harm, you might say, but when you visit websites or home pages of key players there are links to Anti-vaxxing, QAnon, Sovereign Citizen etc. My concern is that their movement (requiring to wear a beret) will be hijacked by XRW or conspiraloons.

The Veterans Global Alliance were out in force yesterday parading down Shaftesbury Avenue as part of an anti Vax campaign protest. There were about 10 in their blazers and berets or some dressed as motorcycle couriers, strangely wearing Berets. I would have loved to stop to talk to some of them find out what they were actually protesting against and they seemed to have some very strange companions, such as a chap on a unicycle wearing a top hat stating that covid didn't exist. There were several 'Q' banners, too.

I see that an organisation 'Save our Rights UK' - apparently part of the so-called Global Veterans Alliance - staged a protest on the Embankment side of MOD on Saturday. Cue a few rotund chaps in berets and ill-fitting blazers demanding 'rights'.

Save our Rights UK appears anti-vaxx and their website alludes to a few zany conspiracies and linked to 'Save our Kids' - which is inked to the QAnon nonsense.

Global Veterans Alliance (sic) seems part of the the same organisation and related to Resistance GB - you know, those sad old Alkies who were threatening to overthrow the government a few months ago. Although, to be fair, they stress they're not a Militia, but their website is littered with Sovereign Citizen references.

Why do a group of fat old men who put on berets suddenly think they're a political movement - and in doing so, seem to lose any sense of rational thought?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
The Veterans Global Alliance were out in force yesterday parading down Shaftesbury Avenue as part of an anti Vax campaign protest. There were about 10 in their blazers and berets or some dressed as motorcycle couriers, strangely wearing Berets. I would have loved to stop to talk to some of them find out what they were actually protesting against and they seemed to have some very strange companions, such as a chap on a unicycle wearing a top hat stating that covid didn't exist. There were several 'Q' banners, too.

ETA but our Ex RAF Police chap with a fondness to wear leather and unofficial medals was holding one end of the GVA banner. Fancy that!

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer

Hmmm. Covid doesn't exist eh..
In that case, the bloke in the top hat can come and take my Mrs place Barrier nursing Covid patients in intensive care then.

The fecking eejits.

Ding Dong!

Old-Salt
I think he's trying to quote Dan Quayle when he said:

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. No, not in this nation, but in World War II. I mean we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century, but in this century's history."
I’ve just had to read that several times and I’m still confused. What he feck was all that waffle??

Well, it seems that there is a cross over between the Veterans Global Alliance (sic) and this lot:

Quite why the GVA were active in a number of Anti-Vaxx protests is beyond me, but I s'pose it's something they can hang their beret on and prance around town in pseudo uniform. Along with the QAnon 'Save our Children' movement, which they've also participated in. A bunch of self-important wasters who feel that their self-defined authority comes from having served in the forces years ago (and wearing a beret), and now proposing (again) civil unrest. One or two arrests and convictions wouldn't go amiss.

To members of the sentient human race, they are complete and utter c0cks.

Last edited:
There's an article today on the Beeb about these 'military style' anti-vaxxers, but with less emphasis on the squaddie contingent than the Daily Mail article mentioned above by @Filthy_contract seems to be promoting...

What made me chuckle though was what they want to be known as.... I mean... 'Alpha Men Assemble'...??!!! 'Kin ell... how to attract a certain demographic...?
Who dreamt that up as a banner to stand under?... I'm guessing it's someone of Eastern European stock who doesn't have English as their first language.. or it's a bunch of homos who just want to gather in the daylight hours and ruffle each other up on the Common rather than wait till it gets dark for their bum-banditry exercises....
_122645652_alphascrum.jpg

I suspect it's a bunch of Russian types who miss the Russian pastimes of organised mass outdoor fighting between football fans and are just using the anti-vax thing as a weak justification of brotherhood... the poofs....

There's an article today on the Beeb about these 'military style' anti-vaxxers, but with less emphasis on the squaddie contingent than the Daily Mail article mentioned above by @Filthy_contract seems to be promoting...

What made me chuckle though was what they want to be known as.... I mean... 'Alpha Men Assemble'...??!!! 'Kin ell... how to attract a certain demographic...?
Who dreamt that up as a banner to stand under?... I'm guessing it's someone of Eastern European stock who doesn't have English as their first language.. or it's a bunch of homos who just want to gather in the daylight hours and ruffle each other up on the Common rather than wait till it gets dark for their bum-banditry exercises....
_122645652_alphascrum.jpg

I suspect it's a bunch of Russian types who miss the Russian pastimes of organised mass outdoor fighting between football fans and are just using the anti-vax thing as a weak justification of brotherhood... the poofs....

I wouldn't say that I promote these ex-Service groups; rather, I'm highlighting them so we can point and laugh.