Global Scouse Day

I bet they knicked the idea from someone else.

The fact that it didn't happen before 2008 was apparently down to solar flares.

A scouser blaming the Sun, how unexpected...

I bet they knicked the idea from someone else.
Actually, we did.

The story is that the recipe was originally brought in by either German or Dutch seamen and it was originally Lobskaus or Lapskaus.

It was then modified and was made up of any scrag ends and cheap cuts of meat. Also any vegetables that may have been to hand, hence there is no definitive recipe.

Beef, mutton, pork could all be used, pot was kept on the go and hence any tough meat would be softened by extended cooking.

My grans was the best ever.*

*So was everyone else's gran's ...

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

GLOBAL... by definition, the world has enough to cope with, wars in the middle east, plague of locusts in Pakistan, flooding snow and constant rain here in the UK, Trump as president, tornadoes in the Americas, Australia's on fire, and Chinese lurgy is rampaging throughout the world, Why TF do we need another global catastrophe to add to the misery. Scoucers ,Liverpool's answer to Hemariods.

Chef

LE
I presume this is the day when all those Scousers who've got ahead in life leave their spiritual home in Surrey and return for the day to their birthplace.

A bit like Sir Connery celebrating Burns night.

Calm down, calm down.

Someone will nick the wheels.....

Actually, we did.

The story is that the recipe was originally brought in by either German or Dutch seamen and it was originally Lobskaus or Lapskaus.

It was then modified and was made up of any scrag ends and cheap cuts of meat. Also any vegetables that may have been to hand, hence there is no definitive recipe.

Beef, mutton, pork could all be used, pot was kept on the go and hence any tough meat would be softened by extended cooking.

My grans was the best ever.*

*So was everyone else's gran's ...
I’ve mentioned this before. This is scouse as my granny’s family knew it from Liverpool. My Mrs family are all from Stoke and they grew up on the same thing. As, I guess, did anyone brought up on “all in stew” in the UK, Ireland, or anywhere, for that matter.
It is still known in the wife’s family as ‘lobby’. No-one seems to know why, and my theory has always been the ‘Lobscouse’ link. The few times I have ever mentioned this I have been met with blank stares.

Latest Threads