Glenton remains in Colly,new charges.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Nov 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Hope he's having fun in the Glasshouse.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4746349.Soldier_who_spoke_out_about_Afghanistan_war_to_be_held_in_Army_jail/

2. Shame it took so long to bang him up. Can't see what the point of saying that Colly was a POW camp was......

Oh now I get it. ;)

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Beast him, Beast him some more then Reggie bath. Not for speaking out but for running away.

I've got three feathers here if someone can give me the postal address of Colly.

4. Four feathers! Ya need four... his bird has to give him one as well, just as the final slap in the dish.

"John Tipple said: "Joe feels obliged to continue to speak out against the war - that is what he is committed to doing."

Yeah? Good luck from trap 14, MCTC ya malingering tw*t. :x

5. Somehow, I don't think that the prick has been banged up solely for speaking out... mainly for desertion; and disobeying orders (one of which being contact with the media) merely forms something else to stick the tosser in the chokey for.

Fcuking hippies :roll:

Nice to note that they gave him enough rope to hang himself with by attending the protest though...

6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Berechurch Hall Camp
    Colchester
    CO2 9NU

7. He should have been in there anyway, but it was seen fit to let him remain free. He was told not to gob off at the stop war coalition march but decided to do so. It's his own fault that he's now banged up.

8. "A SERVING soldier"..... Bo llocks, he is a fu cking deserter. And he isnt claiming "battle fatigue", so he should be shot.

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Would he not have had to have been in theatre to be charged with desertion? Otherwise its just AWOL no?

10. He knew what he was doing and possibly thought that as his story was in the press etc he could push his luck for all it was worth and he may never get touched by the Army. Remember if you do the crime be prepared to do the time and I bet the MCTC staff treat him wit the dignity and respect due to an RLC L/Cpl. "WATCH YOUR FINGERS"

11. Im sure the other inmates wont really enjoy tormenting the little f*cker at all.

12. Not sure of the law as cant remember the relevent QR, however he is apparently accused of desertion and the fact that he has attended anti-war functions fcollowing his non attendance tends to go against him. As far as I am concerned he should be shot.

13. I believe that if you go awol after recieving orders to deploy that is the point at which it becomes desertion. I could be wrong but I doubt it!

14. You feel strongly about this don't you? :wink:

15. wonder if he'll start actually enjoying 'man love' by the time he leaves?