Gleneagles plan leaked to Independent

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Jun 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No PM stuff reproduced in the article.

2. Yeah, right.

There is no "public interest" defence to either iteration of the Official Secrets Act. There appears to be bona fide evidence that Indy staff have at least aided and abetted an offence, if not actually conspired to commit it.

They know that, thus the rather circumspect tone of that article.

Arrests, please.

3. So it's not that as though the journo was able to get it directly from site (which would be real cause for concern) but that someone inside decided to leak - and by the looks of it purely to score personal points. God forbid any money changed hands over this. I have to agree - arrests, please.
  4. Is it better that the informant is arrested and made an example of, or that his/her actions have cajoled the various agencies and individuals into getting their proverbial fingers out of their arrse's???
  5. Sorbus aucuparia - Rowan, Mountain Ash?

Who named this Op,obviously not the MOD computer !

:) :) :)
  6. This proves it all!

It is all part of the New World Order! They are meeting at the time of a hitherto-unknown astral phenomenon to take part in a secret ritual that will take place in Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland on the aforementioned stellar occasion and that involves human sacrifice and the reverse intonation of various dusty tomes. The rowan codename signifies the arcane measures required to deflect unwelcome spirits in this esoteric endeavour, and the central role of sheep's hoops in the clandestine cult ritual!

7. "When the stars are right" :twisted:
  8. Many of us get unhappy with our management, HMG and The System (etc) for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the system of redress works, mostly it doesn't. As we say on my firm, if you can't take a joke then you shouldn't have joined.

Nonetheless, the OSA is there for a good reason, despite it being a not-very-elegant piece of legislation. If everybody with any sort of vetting decided that the best way to vent their frustration was to send caveated material to the Media then we really are on our way to hell in a handcart.

This person needs nicking, charging and a day or so to explain himself at Court One at the Old Bailey.

9. I'm assuming all the 'security material' is classified. I'm sure all the classified documentation I've ever seen has a warning on the front cover containing a phrase along the lines of

"Unauthorised retention or destruction of this ... is prohibited."

Of course, the full range of classified material I've ever seen more or less amounts to my ID card and some PAMs, so isn't exactly a large or detailed sample. If it's true though, it looks like the IoS have still been misbehaving by not handing the materials in to their local police station / MoD establishment.
  10. Google Search for OP SORBUS produces results under FOI labeled "NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED" however they tell you f*cck all about the plan to use TABUN,SARIN and SOMAN against the protesters before they are taken to GUANTANAMO BAY and dissected to feed the lizards from ZETA RETICULA(like our Royal Family) :twisted:
  11. Fair point.
  12. So why ask them to go to Edinburgh rather than to Sir Bob's country estate?.