Glencorse Barracks - finding an old passing out video

A new member joined arrse and PMed a few people, looking for help finding an old passing out vid. Here's the PM, self-explanatory:

Hi. My partner passed out from Penicuik in September 1993. He was in the Duke of Wellington Regiment. He had his passing out parade video stolen snd i woukd love to get him a copy of the official video pref DVD now. How woukd i go about doing this? Please help. It would mean alot to him. Thanx in advance. Sarah.
Things I can think of:

1. Contact the training staff at Glencorse and see if they know who the photographer/videographer would have been at the time.
2. Figure out where the Duke of Boots ended up in amalgamations and contact them.
3. Join the regimental association, and see if he can find his buds in his platoon, they may have copies.
4. If all else fails, find the thief and vigorously interrogate them until they give up the vid :)

I'm stepping out of this, I don't know anything about Glencorse or Infantry training, but the least I can do is post on behalf of Sarah.

@Sarah Tucker

Zag42

Old-Salt
A new member joined arrse and PMed a few people, looking for help finding an old passing out vid. Here's the PM, self-explanatory:

Things I can think of:

1. Contact the training staff at Glencorse and see if they know who the photographer/videographer would have been at the time.
2. Figure out where the Duke of Boots ended up in amalgamations and contact them.
3. Join the regimental association, and see if he can find his buds in his platoon, they may have copies.
4. If all else fails, find the thief and vigorously interrogate them until they give up the vid :)

I'm stepping out of this, I don't know anything about Glencorse or Infantry training, but the least I can do is post on behalf of Sarah.

@Sarah Tucker
It's not an ATR now so I don't think they would have access to any records. When I passed off the square in 93 I'm almost positive we didn't have an official video (well I never had a copy anyway)

I'm almost fairly sure we didn't have an official video of our pass out parade at the end off phase two either.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
ATR Glencorse closed ages ago and last time I looked the extended and modernised barracks were home to an Inf Bn.

Duke of Boots amalgamated into The Yorkshire Regiment.

I was on the staff at Glencorse in the mid-90s and videos were available then and orders were taken on the day.

My only suggestion would be to find a Regimental magazine from one of the King's and Scottish Division Regiments in 1993 for an advert. As mentioned above Regtl Associations may be able to help.

Latest Threads