Glastonbury 2022

Caught five minutes of this Cate Le Bon's pretentious drivel yesterday...

Home to you
Is a neighborhood in the night kitchen
Home to you
Is atrocity in the town
Home to you
Is an impasse under hallway ceilings
Home to you
I'm a cross hair, stubborn, dream loving

1024.jpg

I went back to watching Futurama on DVD...
Her father did write "you're about as easy as a nuclear war" so terrible lyrics presumably run in the family.

Rod Stewarts voice is shot also, at a guess those who train as a singer ie Opera seem to have a longer shelf life, plus the rock an roll life style ie fags and booze must effect the vocal cords.
Ian Gillan's voice has gone too. Percy Plant is the smart one as he's found new ways of singing as his voice has changed. He actually looks dignified onstage too, unlike a certain someone here

(who wasn't at Glastonbury but really ought to retire)

A brilliant summary of the event in the Speccie by Julie Burchill

"Princess Beatrice wearing an £700 shirt-dress and her usual expression of slack-jawed incomprehension."

" What sort of half-witted hypocrites applaud Greta Thunberg but don’t bother to pick up their trash?"

Great article - the two best lines.

I believe that once he was famous enough to be able to afford it Tom Jones took singing lessons and learned how to take care of his vocal chords. It makes a lot of difference to how long the voice (and vocal chords) will last apparently...

I also recall reading that Roger Daltrey took singing lessons but even so his voice has gone downhill over the past 10 years and in 2019 he reckoned it will have gone in 5 years.

Opera singers tend to last longer as they are trained to sing properly. Pavarotti was still singing at 70.
Vocal cords.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's not just the voice that goes. I saw Roy Ayers (Roy Ayers - Wikipedia) a few weeks ago at The Boisdale at Canary Wharf, now back in the 80's, he was superb, musician, songwriter and all round showman. he's 82 now and not a shadow of the man he was, he seems to have succumbed to dementia as when he was on stage, he couldn't remember half of the lyrics, he had to be prompted back to his Vibraphone by his son shouting "Mr Roy Ayers" every 5 minutes as he was wandering around the stage looking lost. It was a shame, but at least I've got memories of his better days.

DSJ

LE
Rod Stewarts voice is shot also, at a guess those who train as a singer ie Opera seem to have a longer shelf life, plus the rock an roll life style ie fags and booze must effect the vocal cords.

Professional classical singers tend not to train their vocal chords with high doses of tobacco, class A drugs, whisky and late nights. Think herbal tea, honey, lemon and water, and staying out of smoky rooms.

They also sing "differently" - ie. they are trained to sing from the bottom of the diaphragm, rather than straining the throat to make the high notes/increase volume.

I have a relative who is a professional musician. One of their colleagues - a professional opera singer & coach - was asked by a journalist about their impressions of that 'other classical opera singer, Katherine Jenkins'. Short pause, wry smile, and a reply of "great tits".

philc

LE
I wonder what Greta made of Peat & Diesel.

I wonder what Greta made of going to a farm that has Dairy cattle that are milked and calved until they are no longer useful then slaughtered.

Her father did write "you're about as easy as a nuclear war" so terrible lyrics presumably run in the family.
Except that they are not related ( I just had to look that up!)

Latest Threads