Glastonbury 2022

I know the tw*t who supplies most of the illegal substances at Kendal Calling.
I’ve a feeling I know too.
( I can hear it from my house if there is no wind).
never been tempted to go, and after seeing the states some have been in waiting for the train at Penrith after the gig, I won’t be encouraging the eldest daughters to go either. ( breath in deeply and you could nearly smell the clamidyia.)!

Truxx

LE
I’ve a feeling I know too.
( I can hear it from my house if there is no wind).
never been tempted to go, and after seeing the states some have been in waiting for the train at Penrith after the gig, I won’t be encouraging the eldest daughters to go either. ( breath in deeply and you could nearly smell the clamidyia.)!
My daughter, who was at the time part of the entourage of said dealer, took her then 15 year old daughter a few years ago.

She is all grown up now, and at university. She likes her music (and has even added her old grandad to her Spotify account) but has expressed no interest whatsoever in returning to lowther Park other than to walk the dog or wander around the gardens.

dragon825

War Hero
1656252127581.png

'kin hell how long has Jeremy Corbyn been knobbing sue pollard?

I know the tw*t who supplies most of the illegal substances at Kendal Calling.
He'd probably make more cash by selling wellies and technical fabric based clothing!
Went about 6 times and 4 of those times it was a quagmire.
Even the Wickerman Festival managed to stay dry back when it was on.

Truxx

LE
He'd probably make more cash by selling wellies and technical fabric based clothing!
Went about 6 times and 4 of those times it was a quagmire.
Even the Wickerman Festival managed to stay dry back when it was on.
Oh his activities continue 365 days a year.

I haven't been to this either. Mostly because everything is miles from everything else, you probably can't see the stage for any of the good acts and you have to stand far too close to people you normally wouldn't even share a town with.

But...I do like a huge variety of music and watch quite a few of the sets. Robert Palmer was good, liked Youngblood, impressed by Leon Bridges and thought Noel Gallagher's band was excellent (Have to listen to some of their stuff now). Can you imagine how many miles you would have to cover to see all of them in the flesh on site? You couldn't, or wouldn't want to, get around that quickly. Macca was a bit dull I thought and it was only his two guests that brightened up his set. Still, all credit to any 80 year old that can even get close to that.

I did notice though, that the BBC coverage kept picking out black and ethnic people in the crowd as if to prove Lenny Henry wrong.

I always wondered why Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac never did Glasto. With their giant sounds, they would be perfect for this environment. Then I might buy a ticket and sleep in a yurt for a few days.

Last edited:
View attachment 673056
'kin hell how long has Jeremy Corbyn been knobbing sue pollard?
Hi Di Hi.
I must say the whole festival thing is not something that has ever appealed to me, and one of them, Parklife, is on my doorstep. I saw a couple of bits of Glasto while idly flicking through channels, Olivia Rodrigo (?) dropping the F bomb at twenty to eight on BBC 1 made me laugh. Saw some of Noel Gallagher, his question about the Jubilee was met with almost complete silence, just some muted booing. I know it's a sweeping generalisation, but the typical Glasto attender seems to be a white, middle class, university educated/student lefty.

Stabwedge

Old-Salt
I saw McCartney at the Isle of Wight festival, albeit twelve years ago.
I wasn’t hopeful but he did two and a half hours. Beatles, Wings and his own stuff. He was fantastic. Really, really good. Live and Let Die with fireworks was amazing.
After the show the crowds dispersed towards the camping areas but someone started the chorus from Hey Jude and 50,000 people joined in. Dusty moment.

I didn’t see last night other than a clip on the news but….. if he’s anywhere close close to what I saw in 2010, he’s still doing good shows.