Glastonbury 2022

RangdoOfArg

LE
Book Reviewer
I’ve never been, nor would I want to. It seems to be an excellent opportunity to attract bellends to a Somerset field and napalm them.
I do occasionally catch bits on the BBC. And you can bet your bottom dollar that all sessions will be replayed on 6Music for the next year.
Grumble over. Crowded House were on earlier, which I quite enjoyed.
And Alison Krauss and Robert Plant were great.
Will dip in and out this weekend when on domestic duties.

TractorStats

War Hero
I just wish they would shut up about it. If people want to go that's fine but the media lovies on the TV news channels seems to be trying to make news out of nothing. The whole thing seems to being driven by a PR blitz.

Honestly, good luck to Michael Eavis who is the farmer who created it all but I really think its gone way beyond his original intention and now its just a music industry and media frenzy that is all about the money and promoters rather than people going to listen to great live music.

Issi

LE
I think it all went a bit downhill when Tarquinius and Rosamund left the kids with the nanny and then flew down by private helicopter to stay in a 3k a night luxury yurt.

I did Reading many years ago, and saw some decent bands from a distance, but my over riding memories are just wandering hungover around a field for 16hrs a day, with nowhere to sit, nothing proper to eat or drink and surrounded by people you’d cross the street to avoid in your normal life.

And as mentioned earlier, why it’s on every bloody news report is beyond me.
It’s a music festival, that’s all it is, a bloody music festival, not the second coming!

NSP

LE
288186227_1157133035138044_3829392761261677802_n.jpg

59474351-10949375-Revellers_cheer_as_The_Libertines_perform_on_the_Other_Stage_at_-a-73_1656101244932.jpg

can't see him...
I look at that mass of humanity, crammed together in the middle of nowhere and just think “why”?
I love live music and have a few indoor events lined up this year, but I’ve never been into standing in a field, miles from the nearest toilet. At my age, you have to respect your bladder!
The only good thing about this Festival is the chance of spotting some delectable young lasses, in various states of undress on the way down there.
The Service Station we called in at on the M5 yesterday was mobbed and made a very pleasant accompaniment to Breakfast. :smile:
I will check out the Robert Plant/Alison Krauss gig from the comfort of my own I-Player, but as for the rest - meh.

Last edited:

TractorStats

War Hero
I think it all went a bit downhill when Tarquinius and Rosamund left the kids with the nanny and then flew down by private helicopter to stay in a 3k a night luxury yurt.

I did Reading many years ago, and saw some decent bands from a distance, but my over riding memories are just wandering hungover around a field for 16hrs a day, with nowhere to sit, nothing proper to eat or drink and surrounded by people you’d cross the street to avoid in your normal life.

It’s a music festival, that’s all it is, a bloody music festival, not the second coming!
To be fair, I spent a lot of my teenage and early adult years in muddy fields with my ears being assaulted by 85 decibels of the white noise from a tractor engine for hours on end. The thought of spending actual money to have the same experience surrounded by a crowd of drunk, high and smelly people lacks a certain appeal. :confused:

To be fair, I spent a lot of my teenage and early adult years in muddy fields with my ears being assaulted by 85 decibels of the white noise from a tractor engine for hours on end. The thought of spending actual money to have the same experience surrounded by a crowd of drunk, high and smelly people lacks a certain appeal. :confused:
You should've joined the Royal Armoured Corps,you'd have got payed for it.I did.

Last edited:
The true horror of it all was recounted to me by a client whose mate was on contract to supply portaloos on site.
As people may be about to have a Saturday Brunch I will draw a veil over the conversation but those who have served in Basra or Mogadishu will have some idea.!
durty dirty hethens.!

Truxx

LE
We are doing some work for the company that get the contract for the "cleanup" and get paid a lot of money to do so.

Which means that for once in the year they might be minded to settle their long- overdue and rather large account with me.

So BZ Glastonbury and its dirty buggers.

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
We are doing some work for the company that get the contract for the "cleanup" and get paid a lot of money to do so.

Which means that for once in the year they might be minded to settle their long- overdue and rather large account with me.

So BZ Glastonbury and its dirty buggers.
Yep. await the 'after' scenes with abandoned tents, sleeping bags, and ten thousand tons of rubbish just strewn about.
I thought young people were supposed to be 'environmentally aware'?

never appealed. but then I like indoor plumbing, showers and a proper bed.

I'm not a fan of festivals because I can't last for long in crowds or around people and Glastonbury has never appealed to me anyway, but I did watch Billy Eilish on the tellybox last night and she was brilliant! Her and her brother are extremely talented and put on a great show. She's a cracking role model for kids.

slick

LE
Do they still have the field full of alternative therapies, crystal healing and similar sh#t. ( or as Bill Baily memorably called it, “ the field of lies”?.)
I saw a pic on one of the newspaper sites the other day of something called the "laughter therapy tent", with loads of freaks laid out next to each other and some bint standing in the centre presumably telling a few jokes. The whole thing shouted "body odour".

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
I saw a pic on one of the newspaper sites the other day of something called the "laughter therapy tent", with loads of freaks laid out next to each other and some bint standing in the centre presumably telling a few jokes. The whole thing shouted "body odour".
And patchouli. Lots of patchouli

I'm not a fan of festivals because I can't last for long in crowds or around people and Glastonbury has never appealed to me anyway, but I did watch Billy Eilish on the tellybox last night and she was brilliant! Her and her brother are extremely talented and put on a great show. She's a cracking role model for kids.
I read "she was brilliant" as "she can't sing, her music's sh1te, and she looks like the kind of goth who used to hang around Games Workshop looking miserable."

I am now of the age and, thankfully ,money and connections, that the only way I will do it anymore is with the glamping and heli. Plus they tend not to search you for pills on the way in...allegedly

Latest Threads