Discussion in 'Infantry' started by JamesGreenie, Jan 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you know anyone who wear glasses and they are in the infantry?
  2. Me (until I had lasik)
  3. Knew an Officer in the Paras who wore 30 day contacts, but always had the specs not too far away just incase.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Had 2 in my intake in 81.
  5. There are loads of people in the Army, Infantry included, that wear glasses or contact lenses.

I'm of the contact lens brigade
  6. I wear glasses or contacts. A fairly significant proportion of the population do, both civvy and military. Yours is a very odd question.
  7. in answer to your question, if you wear glasses you can join the infantry. However their are limits to how bad your eyes can be dueto some compatibility issue with the SUSAT sight. however the rule slightly differs for behind the line jobs(or so i hear).
  8. [​IMG]

They give you a pair like these. Worth joining for alone!
  9. James,
    have a look at the following links where it's been discussed before, but come back if they don't answer your questions.

Link 1

Link 2

Also, use the search function to look for keywords like eyesight or contact lenses.

Can you wear contact lenses? They're a hell of alot easier in most jobs.

Hope this helps :wink:
  10. Yes I can wear contact lenses. cheers for help people
  11. Unless things have changed since my time if with glasses you can use the weaponry provided you can stay in the infantry. I joined the North Staffs when the .303 was the nstandard weapon and that was OK but wheb the 7.62SLR came into service I was given the option of discharge or transfer, because it was deemed unsafe to fire it left handed because of the ejection being in front of the eyes. I transferred to REME and for the next 14 years fired the SLR left handed.