glasses _ refund

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ted69, Oct 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone let me know if there is a possibility of claiming back any dosh for glasses ?? I had my PULHEEMS the other week and all of a sudden I have to wear specks, I am asking ref the refund as I only need to use them whilst working (computer & forms etc AGC SPS). I am sure I have read some where that I could if I was using IT equipment but cant find anything anywhere, any help would be appreciated
  2. No, the Army will issue you a cracking set of spunk deflectors, thereby negating the need for claiming back the cost of gucci ones !! :D
  3. Certain trades can have contact lenses paid for.
  4. Transfer to the Aussie Army - they will provide you with 2 normal gig lamps and 1 set of prescription sunies. You can choose from a heap of frames and they'll give you another set of 3 every time you deploy!

Happy days!
  5. Or indeed every two years whether you deploy or not, even if your discharge papers are in. Wearing mine now.
  6. 8) You can get the John Lennon types ok for gas masks. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
  7. You cant get refunds on specs, apparently there is some obscure legislation that precludes recovering costs. However, you can get the costs back if the glasses prescription is wrong or they are made wrong.

go to specsonline (ex TA lad works there) and they do very good value specs and frames, way way lower than the rip-off opticians
  8. Free contact lenses, which trades might they be Dingerr??
  9. Ammo Tech and possibly pilot are two i'm aware of. There are bound to be more.
  10. Complete an MOD Form 1003 if you work with Display Screen Equipment (DSE).

Take this to your local optician who will complete their bit, which will entitle you to claim back £60.00 for the purchase of frames or lenses in lieu of the Buddy Holly ones you would have had from the Forces.
  11. also 'Them'

All regular soldiers should be getting free eye examinations, there are several threads on this I'm sure but I can't find them at the moment.
  12. Link?

I've googled and tried variations - specsonline, specs-online, specson-line etc and come up with nothing that sells glasses.
  13. Try excellent!
  14. :roll: