Glasgow

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Friendly_Fire, Mar 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How long (days? / weeks? / months? / years??) does one usually have to wait between one's commissioning board and confirmation back from APC Glasgow?

Any ideas?

FF.

2. Sorry, should add that I mean a TA commissioning board... don't know if that matters.

FF.

3. dont call us we`ll call you
    APC glasgow

4. That's what I thought / feared.

FF.

5. Actually, IIRC, the fastest I saw was three days- never saw it take more than a week or so. The slow bit tends to be the Bde HQ- on one occasion, I got the approval for an Officer before Bde had bothered to tell me that he'd passed the Board!

Mind you, that was before JPA transition...

6. You'll wait a while. I believe APC Glasgow closed in February.

7. Due to the JPA transition it may take a while, get your RAO to give his contact in Glasgow a ring, it worked for me :thumright:

8. Good idea. Will phone them next week.

FF.

9. Hmmm, IIRC one of the medic type deskos has taken this whole month off because of the JPA transition. She was the contact point for the doctors I did my EOC with, a dental corps Lt Col. Maybe that's got something to do with it.

10. Sounds familiar booboo.

I am aware that a number of the people involved with the implementation of JPA have been in contact with the medical profession.

Read into that what you will.

11. Well, I phoned the Asst RAO. He said I shouldn't expect to hear anything out of Glasgow until after April 12th, because he doesn't expect to either.

FF.

12. And then I realised that tomorrow is Friday the 13th...

13. My RAO said don't do anything untill the 16th!?

14. Hasn't APC re-located to Stanmore?

15. Still not heard.

I think JPA might have had an effect - there's been very little in the London Gazette from the Army over the last month or so as well....

I'm in a sort of PQO limbo - I've passed the commissioning board, but APC is silent. So am I an O/Cdt still, or Capt?