My late grandfather - a tough, retired Durham miner and ex WW1 veteran - was feeling under the weather one day. My aunt helpfully gave him a soluble Alka-Seltzer tablet.
A few minutes later, he complained: "These tablets are bloody fizzy."
When I was a lad, just out of short trousers I got leathered at a family party..gets back home and Mother says to Father get him some Alka Seltzer...off Dad trots comes back 2 tablets fizzing in a glass, I drink the lot under duress and was promptly ill for a week. This was put down to the copious amount of alcohol I had drunk...not the fact my Dad had confused Alka Seltzers for Steredant tablets. Oh how they laughed.