Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Glasgow to start wearing sandals ,socks & beard

No bile from me my friend- and as I said, I regarded both parties as only a short step away from going full retard- hardly peddling “UKIP shite”. You are being somewhat less than honest if you can see xenophobia in UKIP but not the SNP- the clue’s in the name Scottish NATIONALIST Party.
For someone who says they have no axe to grind you do seem rather over-emotional.
Now who’s being bone idle?
The idea that you can summarise the entire scope of a parties agenda and policies from one word in its name has to be the very epitome of laziness. I suggest that you look a little bit deeper before commenting further, you’re making yourself look a little silly.

Now who’s being bone idle?
The idea that you can summarise the entire scope of a parties agenda and policies from one word in its name has to be the very epitome of laziness. I suggest that you look a little bit deeper before commenting further, you’re making yourself look a little silly.
You’re a bit hard of thinking mate aren’t you? I had no intention to summarise the SNP’s agenda and politics. I quoted one word to counter your idiotic contention that the SNP isn’t xenophobic.

Having lived/worked south of Hadrians for over 50 years now, whenever I went north of The Wall I indulged in the food of my youth, a mutton pie being high on the agenda. A few years back, having noticed the change in the flavour/texture, I asked the butcher what the score was. He informed me I'd be hard pushed to find a mutton pie now. The reason he gave was the kebab shops had monopolised the lamb for their business. Now I'm aware mutton pies have been mentioned on another thread. However, are they the mutton pies from way back, or the newer ones because that's all that's been available since the kebab shops have taken over?

Any input of the whereabouts of the old type of mutton pies would be appreciated, for when I next venture over The Wall.
Perth has some nice pies.

Kyle bakery in Bonar Bridge are not too bad.

Butcher in Lochinver are also worth a visit (avoid the actual pie shop which is different and at £6 a pie over priced in my opinion)

Free Scottish university education to every man jack in Europe.

Except if you're from England.

What a set of cnuts.

In all seriousness I assume this came about because England introduced fees more than anything else. The European students and English students never had to pay fees before so the Europeans saw no change.

When England introduced tuition fees (something I’m okay with but not necessarily at the rates or funded in the way England does it) if Scotland had kept it free you’d have had a situation where English students could save themselves the best part of £30k just by going a little further north. I don’t think that would have ended well for Scottish or English universities.

In all seriousness I assume this came about because England introduced fees more than anything else. The European students and English students never had to pay fees before so the Europeans saw no change.

When England introduced tuition fees (something I’m okay with but not necessarily at the rates or funded in the way England does it) if Scotland had kept it free you’d have had a situation where English students could save themselves the best part of £30k just by going a little further north. I don’t think that would have ended well for Scottish or English universities.
I think to be eligible for free Scottish uni you have to have lived there for two years , that is if you are usually an English resident anyway not sure about Europeans.

I think to be eligible for free Scottish uni you have to have lived there for two years , that is if you are usually an English resident anyway not sure about Europeans.
How long do you have to live in Scotland to get free tuition fees?
You need to have lived somewhere in the United Kingdom for at least three years before the course starts. Then things start to get a little tricky. SAAS guidelines state:

You must be ordinarily resident in Scotland on the first day of the first academic year of the course.
Despite what you might hope, this doesn't mean you can move to Scotland the day before your course starts and still be eligible for the free fees. It basically just means you need to live in Scotland permanently, year after year, full-time and only leaving for holidays – there's just no set time frame on it.

If you plan on moving there just for your education, this will most likely not qualify you for the free tuition fees.

You need to have lived somewhere in the United Kingdom for at least three years before the course starts. Then things start to get a little tricky. SAAS guidelines state:

Despite what you might hope, this doesn't mean you can move to Scotland the day before your course starts and still be eligible for the free fees. It basically just means you need to live in Scotland permanently, year after year, full-time and only leaving for holidays – there's just no set time frame on it.

If you plan on moving there just for your education, this will most likely not qualify you for the free tuition fees.

Yep its racist ,
  1. Students from Scotland and the EU can study for free in Scotland (the government picks up the tab for tuition)
  2. However, students from the rest of the UK will be charged up to £9,250

It also states most Hons degrees take four years in porridgewoglandia , where as in England some are being condensed down to two years , possibly because of the drinking culture north of the border.

It also states most Hons degrees take four years in porridgewoglandia , where as in England some are being condensed down to two years , possibly because of the drinking culture north of the border.
4 year honours courses where you'll graduate with a Masters , England was/is 3 years so you can grow up and learn to be independent from mummy and daddy but 2 years full time sounds very reasonable.