Glasgow to start wearing sandals ,socks & beard

Bbc news currently creaming itself about Glasgow becoming totally carbon neutral by 2030.
The Scottish govt don’t appear to have thought this through. Couple of talking heads suggesting gas central heating being replaced by air systems, that run off electricity...and cost around 8k to install !

Wonderful news. I'm sure China, India and the USA will be hot on the heals of Glasgow, not wishing to be left behind!
The world is saved - somebody ring Greta!

Last edited:

Niamac

GCM
BBC bollocks.

I'm in Gogland, there is no gas central heating in my village

We're still on oil tanks for that kind of thing, thing can prise my Greta triggering indoor heating from my cold dead hands

Bbc news currently creaming itself about Glasgow becoming totally carbon neutral by 2030.
The Scottish govt don’t appear to have thought this through. Couple of talking heads suggesting gas central heating being replaced by air systems, that run off electricity...and cost around 8k to install !
It's nothing to do with the Scottish Government, it is a Glasgow City Council initiative.

This appears to be as meaningful as all those local authorities across the UK declaring Nuclear Free Zones at the height of the Cold War. As if Soviet Nuclear Missiles were going to differentiate when it all kicked off!
It's all over the BBC News as I type - wall to wall agreement, there doesn't seem to be anyone on who is calling them out!

This appears to be as meaningful as all those local authorities across the UK declaring Nuclear Free Zones at the height of the Cold War. As if Soviet Nuclear Missiles were going to differentiate when it all kicked off!
It's all over the BBC News as I type - wall to wall agreement, there doesn't seem to be anyone on who is calling them out!
Haha. I’d forgotten those. MOD could have had a bit of fun with that.

”XYZ Town, a Nuclear-Free Zone”.

MOD: “Not after our latest unit moves it isn’t”.

One has to be concerned about anywhere that blokes routinely wear skirts

I'm not clear on why so many people are getting so bent out of shape over this, unless you are all Glasgow City residents. It's between the City and their Council Tax payers as far as I'm concerned, and as I'm not affected, I couldn't care less what happens over there.

Latest Threads