Glasgow terror hero is a fake

#1
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=535928&in_page_id=1770

Now I realise this is a Daily Mail article but I must confess I was a bit puzzled why a gallantry medal was being awarded for "taking on" a terrorist who was on fire. Pulling innocents to safety - certainly. Assisting the Police - possibly. Beating up a burning man?

I has presumed that the "powers that be" would have fully investigated the incident before any awards were made. It could not be a NuLiarbor PR stunt surely?
 
#2
PR stunt deffo, but in all fairness to the guy every time I've seen him in interviews he's always said he did'nt deserve it and there were others who should have got an award.
I always felt the press built him up against his wishes to be hero, remember he said the troops in Iraq and the Stan were the real hero's not him, I think his " mates" are jealous of the coverage he's getting.
 
#3
The_Terrible_Twins said:
PR stunt deffo, but in all fairness to the guy every time I've seen him in interviews he's always said he did'nt deserve it and there were others who should have got an award.
I always felt the press built him up against his wishes to be hero, remember he said the troops in Iraq and the Stan were the real hero's not him, I think his " mates" are jealous of the coverage he's getting.
nail...head...hit
 
#4
Heard this on the radio driving home, they made it sound like a case of exagguration (sp?) on his part at the time being taken too far.
 
#5
Gas Gas Gas said:
I has presumed that the "powers that be" would have fully investigated the incident before any awards were made. It could not be a NuLiarbor PR stunt surely?
are you honestly surgesting our beloved Nu(never have personally)Labored leaders work with spin and ulterior motive over the principle of truth?

you will be saying there was no WMD in iraq next.

shame on you. now sit tight, place your hands on your lap in full view, and the secret policemen will be crashing through your front window to be with you very shortly.
 
#7
What do sour grapes sound like? Do they make a different noise from fresh grapes? Or sour plums for that matter?
 
#8
Funny thing that. Lad gets a gong for bravery against Islamic terrorists and barely has he left buck house when the loony left apologists attempt to discredit him.
 
#10
blocksweat said:
Funny thing that. Lad gets a gong for bravery against Islamic terrorists and barely has he left buck house when the loony left apologists attempt to discredit him.
It was his co workers at the Glasgow airport actually , no mention of the loony left at all, in fact it was published in the Daily Mail a pretty right wing paper.
 
#12
blocksweat said:
Apologies I didn't realise everyone who works at Glasgow airport was right wing and read the Daily Mail.

???? Oh what they're all lefties then are they :roll: , who are the loony left you're talking about then , when , where , who said what , qualify your statement, or and don't jump on the bandwagon....
 
#15
The_Terrible_Twins said:
PR stunt deffo, but in all fairness to the guy every time I've seen him in interviews he's always said he did'nt deserve it and there were others who should have got an award.
I always felt the press built him up against his wishes to be hero, remember he said the troops in Iraq and the Stan were the real hero's not him, I think his " mates" are jealous of the coverage he's getting.
exactly he has always said what he did was nothing that anyone else couldnt have done, i sense its a build em up knock em down outrage wagon leaving from platform four story
 
#16
he had the sound bite (Come to Glasgow and we'll set about ye) and was the one the press quoted every single time. Poor bloke repeatedly asked for the others to be equally billed but he was ignored (gordy had already promised all the gongs to his mates). This is just sour grapes that the others are ignored.
Lesson for next time ...have your sound bite ready!
 
#17
rabid_hamster said:
he had the sound bite (Come to Glasgow and we'll set about ye) and was the one the press quoted every single time. Poor bloke repeatedly asked for the others to be equally billed but he was ignored (gordy had already promised all the gongs to his mates). This is just sour grapes that the others are ignored.
Lesson for next time ...have your sound bite ready!
Exactly. If the other people involved in stopping the attempted terrorist attack - and Good Drills, lads, no matter how amuater the terrorists, it still took bottle to have a go at them - felt that Smeaton was exaggerating his part in the incident, why wait 'til now before speaking out?

Smeaton, to his credit, has repeatedly stated that the other guys deserved the same awards and fame as he did. It's a pity that jelousy seems to be underming acts of genuine courage by ALL those involved on that day.
 
#18
Apparently the citation was for the rescuing of others not the "setting aboot them"
 
#19
QGMs aren't easily earned. There would have to have been some very reliable evidence of considerable bravery on his part. Since he got it, there obviously was.

If the Daily Mail is to be believed then this is just envy/trouble making/sour grapes/whatever.
 
#20
LISpace said:
QGMs aren't easily earned. There would have to have been some very reliable evidence of considerable bravery on his part. Since he got it, there obviously was.

If the Daily Mail is to be believed then this is just envy/trouble making/sour grapes/whatever.
Seconded.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scousegit Armed Forces Jokes 1
E Army Reserve 5
Soldier_Why AGC, RAPTC and SASC 18

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads