Glasgow taking 4yrs of NT Overpayment

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by dazbond, Jul 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Please can someone help me! i have just looked at my pay statement on line to find that due to pay 2000 F**K up they have paid me to much for the past 4yrs and want £6000 back. Now i cant afford this or the 4 day deductios as ive got three kids and a goldfish. can someone help me in terms of is it legal to be able to do this as it is 100% neglegent on there part as i always check the incrament level with the pay
  2. Straight into the RAO and explain that this will cause financial hardship on a massive scale. A 4 year debt is recoverable, but the period of recovery should be negotiable (at a policy level). You should also be looking at making a very quick representation in that you are being penalised for their errors and that a recovery of this level will leave you unable to manage financially. Do not take out a loan to cover the debt.

    It is legal to do this, unless you can prove that as far as possible you were satisfied that your rate of pay was in line with the published rates that you were entitled to for your trade/experience. Negligence is hard to prove on this one, and there is no such thing as the "in good faith" defence - you have to be able to prove that you believed the pay was right. Do this by getting copies of previous pay rates, and asking for copies of all previous pay statements (they can print them from the system).

    You need to get in to the RAO sooner rather than later, and make sure that you have let your immediate line management know what is going on.
  3. Thank you very much!!!!!!!
  4. Offer to pay it back at the rate it was issued.
  5. Is your avatar a hint of the lavish lifestyle, that has been funded by this overpayment?

  6. There is a good thread at Finance, Overissue recovery (edited to get the correct link)