GLASGOW HAS THE BEST FACILITIES?

Outstanding said:
Macks said:
Outstanding said:
After all Scottish Universties are producing the bulk of the UKs' future key opinion formers and the more of those that are pro military by dint of OTC service the better the UK military like it.
This is now quite an outdated view of the OTC mission. With the government now shoving 50% of the population through University, be they red-brick or ex-poly, you can no longer say that people who go to University are going to be the future leaders and "opinion formers" of this country. Some are, but a damn lot of them aren't.
I said Scottish Universties are producing the bulk of the UKs' future key opinion formers, not all Universities/Poly teckniks (sic)
O RLY?

I think you'll find Leeds kicks your a*s, hands down!

Fecking Hell - I turn my back on ARRSE for a few months and all of a sudden Glasgow gets a mention, I was trying to drum up GSUOTC's presence on these pages months/years ago.... with very few takers.

Alas, am no longer involved with uniforms and green kit but had 4 damn fine years at GSUOTC - albeit, quite a long time ago.

Still think they need to bring back the Barrel Race to make it as good as it used to be.

Outstanding said:
But who was in the bar and what was the gossip at kg6 - guns aren't everything pal.
What was the gossip and who was in the bar? I am intruiged...I believe I can answer these myself but your answers would be appreciated :?

Queens have their good points, after all they are Scottish (although many of the accents are not!!)
please report to ex northern lights next year so you can be properly educated

bloody hell.....the RA decide to get rid of a single exercise and you lot get on like it is the end of the world and all exercises are being cancelled

that was the plan for this years ex until late last year.....then it was held again in scotland

scottish no we have but one representive from scotland in our ranks at the mo, perhaps overstanding is confused...poor lad

one-one-delta said:
that was the plan for this years ex until late last year.....then it was held again in scotland
I heard that, much to my delight - visions of ditching people I didn't like around different parts of Belfast and keeping them away from anything good like Auntie Annies... Then it was Tayforth to host it, again at Redford :(

I'm assuming you mean it won't be held in Northern Ireland, I can't really imagine Ex NLs being held in front of City Hall or in Shaftesbury Sq - though it could be interesting :D

Sure when Op Banner ends there can be no reason for it not being in NI apart from the logistics of getting the Jock UOTC's over.

outstanding "oh fountion of all wisdom"...back in your box...if u dont have a clue dont try and express a view.....BK/BTC isnt belfast and to be quite honest belfast is probably safer than london these days.

the decision to allow OTCs to travel over has already been made...leeds have already visited queens for a rugby match.

visions of ditching people I didn't like around different parts of Belfast
escape_artists_never_die----visions like that get ppl hurt and are really quite foolish

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dpcw Miscellaneous Jokes 0
E Army Reserve 5
Soldier_Why AGC, RAPTC and SASC 18