Glasgow Crawl - 2011

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by rampant, Feb 14, 2011.

1. 1st/2nd April

1 vote(s)
  2. 8th/9th April

0 vote(s)
  3. 15th/16th April

4 vote(s)
  4. 22nd/23rd April

3 vote(s)
  5. 29th/30th April

13 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Right it falls to me, or to be totally honest having sucummbed to incessent nagging ^_~ :p and the desire for a moments peace, to announce the poll and calls for the 2011 Weegie Crawl.

It seems only fair that due to the success of past crawls in our fair chocolate box capital that it is the turn of that "Dear Green Place", the "Second City of the Empire" Glasgow!! or Glasvegas as we Weegies call it.

Now decisions have to be made quickly this time for, yes it is true dear reader, that your beloved Rampant is leaving Glasgow at the end of April and heading for the wilds of East Anglia or Lowestoft as it is also known. So if the crowds can stop their cheering for five minutes, and if the Scottish contingent want to get their last chance to gie me a skelp round the lug or ping me for a pint here's your opportunity.

Now I've got room to house a few of you, with a spare double bed and plenty of floorspace in my apartment, so get your bids in quickly if you want a place to crash for free.

I would especially like to see all those who couldn't make it last time, and of course those who did, 'cos quite frankly you're a cracking bunch of people and "ae guid fir a laff." And a good turn out from our resident Weegies and West Coasters wouldn't go amiss either.

Dates proposed (all Friday/Saturday):

1st/2nd April
    8th/9th April
    15th/16th April
    22nd/23rd April
    29th/30th April

Start your bidding please.
  2. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

29/30 is a tentative possible for me
  3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

1/2 0r 29/30
  4. Very dependent on a windfall that's supposed to be coming my way, 29/30th fits best for me.
  5. rampant

Personally I fancy 15th/16th 22nd/23rd as my birthday falls between those dates.
  6. Pararegtom

you an heiress GM?
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Now that is what I call a hint!
  8. Pararegtom

a 2 week Window, Subtle as a Gleasga kiss
  9. rampant

Nobody has ever accussed me of subtlety, and quite frankly I ain't looking forwards to humping ma gear down south with a hangover, I start on the 3rd of May!
  10. 22/23rd is Easter weekend, I've no chance of getting away then.
  11. No, CSA have finally nailed ex's balls to the wall ;)
  12. rampant

So what was the 12 gallons of weedkiller for? Insurance?
  13. Shhhh!! 12345
  14. Pararegtom

Fair one, your round
  15. I'm fully expecting him to quit his job to avoid paying, don't line them up just yet.