Glad you joined?

Hi, i just want to know how many of you are glad you joined, im considering joining up, as it would be a great change in direction for my life, but I really want to know what the people who are posted think of army life.

I was working as a mechanic in a garage for 3 years, but the "credit crunch" hit and shit all over my future, im now working in a bar and considering directions, I am interested in joining the artillery due to my previous mechanical knowledge and experience.... but IS IT WORTH IT?

but you've both been in what 4 years now? and havnt left?

W

wevers

Artillery that is..........Incoming hahahahaha Go on the Corps.....Or was that another Thread? :D

moto_psycho said:
but you've both been in what 4 years now? and havnt left?
Don't confuse the date we joined ARRSE, as the date we joined the Army. I left the Army about 5 years ago now.....cos it's crap.

You will end up bitter and twisted, critical of everthing, with f'ud knees, scarred for life both phisicaly and mentaly But" frendships forged in battle are only terminated by death" Roger Lamb1779

im already bitter twisted and critical of everything!

so what about your lives after the army? do you feel the experience has improved you and given you better oppertunities?

moto_psycho said:
im already bitter twisted and critical of everything!

so what about your lives after the army? do you feel the experience has improved you and given you better oppertunities?
Yup.

Oh yer Nightmares, relationship avoidence, PTSD, Arthritice,HYpotension, all realy good fun

I,m not saying it was'nt fun

I,m not saying it was'nt fun

Every bird Ihave been out with was great until tha night when I start shouting " Shoot the F****" in my sleep

Quality maybe but true you should have seen the one that found my Smith & Wesson under the pillow

tropper66 said:
Oh yer Nightmares, relationship avoidence, PTSD, Arthritice,HYpotension, all realy good fun
you forgot alcoholism *hic* :party:

moto_psycho said:
I was working as a mechanic in a garage for 3 years, but the "credit crunch" hit and s*** all over my future, im now working in a bar and considering directions, I am interested in joining the artillery due to my previous mechanical knowledge and experience.... but IS IT WORTH IT?
Why the Artillery? If your a qualified Mechanic why not join the REME as a VM or you could try your hand at one of the other REME trades.

By the way yes I am glad I joined, you could do alot worse

See BAOR the worlds bigest pissup I was an alky long before I got PTSD, it might have caused it, no I think that was PIRA