Glad I'm not a screw at the moment.

Banning smokes in jail, a good idea?

• Total voters
Baaaaa - thats the wrong idea.

Build a giant bong, SS style, and force the fumes into the cells.

A few ovens might be a good move too.

"The smoking ban is part of a Healthy Choices program"

I love that statement. Though as an idea it might just cut down on re-offending.

No tabs to smerk?
They'll just have to hermerise each other more often to pass the time then.

What are they going to do if the Inmates say 'shove it, I'm smoking'.

Put them in prison?

I saw that it was multiple choice and you could make multiple choices, so I voted for all of them. That's what the laaaaags will do too, some will stop, others won't, and the rest will keep doing smack or whatever else gets them off. There'll even be a few who'll actually take up smoking just so they can rebel against 'the man'. I vote screws get tasers.

Brilliant idea, who is up for forming some control and restraint teams, as i think the Northern Territory over the coming weeks and months are going to be in need of such services.

Given the rather large indigenous prison population up there, how long before the R word is used? The recent plan to make habitual piss artists attend compulsory rehab got a caning for being racist.

M

Mark The Convict

Reckon if I worked as a screw, I would be sh*tting my pants clocking on tomorrow.
Except for the ones who already smuggle/allow the smuggling of contraband into the jails, in which case their sideline just became much more lucrative.

They're already cunts, so they won't care that they're profiting indirectly from their colleagues getting kicked shitless by extra-aggro crims.

Cynical? Not me!

Except for the ones who already smuggle/allow the smuggling of contraband into the jails, in which case their sideline just became much more lucrative.

They're already cunts, so they won't care that they're profiting indirectly from their colleagues getting kicked shitless by extra-aggro crims.

Cynical? Not me!
There's nothing wrong with being cynical old boy. Cynicism is a beautiful cocktail made by blending experience and intelligence.

It's only the terminally dull who abhor its delicate bitter-sweet nuances.

I agree with what you said. Criminals, judges, lawyers, screws and coppers are all collaborators in the same industry.

And every industry has its own perks.