Giving your vote away at the general election

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by brokerboy, Mar 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

How about I keep my vote but can send the politicians to these countries?
  2. And what has the UK election to do with the people in Afghanistan,Bangladesh and Ghana,apart from the fact that if Labour are re-elected,millions of immigrants from EACH of these countries are likely to be in Britain by the time of the suceeding election(assuming there is one).
  3. Do I smell Chakrabarti at work?
  4. Isn't this totally ILLEGALl :x :x
  5. What a complete load of toss.

NO evidence of who is trying to run this, or to what end.

Not even the most "right-on" of my friends would fall for this crap.
  6. Who gives a shite? It's a really good idea. After all, if you're a UK citizen, your vote won't make the slightest bit of difference one way or the other. Or can you name a country in the last 50 years in which the population, at the end of the respective gobment legislation period, actually came out and said things like: "Wow, fantastic! We pay less tax, have lower prices, full employment, high wages, better public services, better housing etc, etc".

This "democratic process" of voting is just taking the piss in a particularly cynical way.

7. It's very very odd, but unless money is changing hands, not illegal.
  8. Just been on radio 2.
  9. AS Ken Livingstone said"If elections changed anything,they would be abolished".
  10. An elaborate joke based on the logical conclusion of certain views? Much like swift suggesting we start eating children from ireland.

11. There is a facebook page as well (obviously :x )

Most posters seem to disagree quite robustly. I liked this retort:

Facebook User07:35"Over my dead body, the UK is turning into a foreign land already never mind giving our votes to them before they've even got here!"

12. An election put that twat out of a job. Problem was it just replaced him with another one.

As for the giving your vote away sh1te, I've never seen so much handwringing liberal toss in all my life. People like that will drag us all down to third world levels quicker than radical islam if we let them.
  13. I wouldn't give my proudly won vote away but on the other hand I am quite prepared to sell my mandate to rule to the highest bidder.

So, one vote in the Northavon constuency...what am I bid? A barley sugar? Two? Three. Thank you Professor Webb. Any advance...
  14. You can almost guarantee that the people behind this are the type to constantly have a go at the west for interfering in the affairs of other sovereign states. Like most things, it seems that that only applies in one direction.