Giving up my iPod for a Walkman

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by CavalryCaptain, Jun 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8117619.stm

Feck me I had forgotten how big they were.

I like the bit where the young lad says:

"It took me three days to figure out that there was another side to the tape. That was not the only naive mistake that I made; I mistook the metal/normal switch on the Walkman for a genre-specific equaliser :roll: , but later I discovered that it was in fact used to switch between two different types of cassette."

2. Yeah they were good at the time but with hindsight weree terrible compared to an Ipod . You'd get tape "hiss " and have to spend a fortune of duracell batteries

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

yes, but you wouldnt get your Walkman being arsey about the drm issues of your mate taping you his record collection or waking up one day to find it's erased your entire tape collection.

but of course, that never happens with Ipods because Apple stuff 'just works'. :roll:

4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'I mistook the metal/normal switch on the Walkman for a genre-specific equaliser' - mind you, that would be cool on any music player, tape or mp3 - you press the 'metal' button and it instantly starts playing Motorhead's greatest hits.

5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Or nick a 4-tonner-load of Army batteries that lasted 5 minutes.