Giving it up for Lent.... NO MORE ARRSE

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
As the few sober citizens on here will know, following Pancake day is Ash Wednesday.

I'm giving up on Arrse for Lent - and crisps - as my way of atoning for the manifold sins of this and previous lives.

So, I'm unlikely to be on here to learn whether the Salisbury Crawl has actually fixed a date and location ?

Take a deep breath you miserable SINNERS - what sinful carnal pleasure are you going to forego on the off chance you can cuff it past St Peter come the Day of Reckoning ? :)

Lent finishes with Easter....can you last out ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm giving up Lent for Lent!

Sorry - I live in an "invisible sky pixie"*free zone and I don't have to follow any daft rules like "giving things up for Jesus"...

*insert deity, invisible friend, stupid belief system of your choice

Rodney2q

S

Screw_The_Nut

Sorry - I live in an "invisible sky pixie"*free zone and I don't have to follow any daft rules like "giving things up for Jesus"...

*insert deity, invisible friend, stupid belief system of your choice

Rodney2q
The FSM will be dissapointed, may your appendages turn to noodles and your eyeballs into meat balls

If only the Romans had given up Crucifixion for lent.

Yep, but for much longerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Don't believe so. 40 days. Lent is a middle English word meaning " springtime" or "growth". It's a period for self-reflection and many add a discipline of abstaining from alcohol or foodstuffs for the duration.

Don't believe so. 40 days. Lent is a middle English word meaning " springtime" or "growth". It's a period for self-reflection and many add a discipline of abstaining from alcohol or foodstuffs for the duration.
Sounds like a right ******* hoot.

No wonder we retained the old pagan festival of Christmas.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine

meltin' in a pot of thieves

wild card up my sleeve
thick heart of stone
my sins my own
they belong to me... me
If I felt I had ever sinned in my whole life I might give something up. Probably Dolly Mixtures since they can lead to misunderstanding with the impertinent slags at the school gates. Or possibly pigs trotters. I have never eaten a pigs trotter in my entire puff. I might give them up for Lent.

On condition the Pope lent me twenty quid.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
As the few sober citizens on here will know, following Pancake day is Ash Wednesday.
Let me get this straight before you **** off up a mountain into a cave to talk to God.

Only sober citizens can comprehend Christian festivals? Is that right? So those of us who are usually pissed, stoned, armed and under some sort of restraining order are too ******* stupid to understand the concept of 'Lent'?

Whats your take on "Christianity lost its mass audience when it stopped burning witches and if Jesus was so ******* smart, how come he lost the copyright on the book" issue?