Give that girl a medal

Let's hear it for Claire Lomas, who has just reached Canary Wharf today, ten days after starting the London Marathon. Claire was paralysed from the chest down in a freak riding accident and is hoping to complete the marathon course using a specially adapted computer controlled robotic suit. She is not expected to complete her walk for another week, but continues to raise money for charity along the way. Unbelievably, due to new rules introduced this year, anyone taking over 24 hours to complete the course is ineligible for the completion medal! Unlike the NDM, I think this may be a cause worth supporting. Keep it up Claire, you are a star.

Attachments

Give the robotic legs a medal, they are doing most of the work.

Is she wearing the NASA technotrousers as featured in Wallace and Grommit 'the wrong trousers'?

I bet that claire chick got a medal and she didnt even finish, this is a much more worthy cause and a greater achievement and deserves more support. Anyone here do the marathon and want to giver her your medal? Would be a media coup for arrse.

Freak riding accident
How freaky is sitting on top of a large, powerful, unpredictable and stupid animal?

P

PrinceAlbert

Unbelievably, due to new rules introduced this year, anyone taking over 24 hours to complete the course is ineligible for the completion medal!.
Quite right too! It's a ******* race. Not a "who can spaz it round in as long a-time as they see fit"

Quite right too! It's a ******* race. Not a "who can spaz it round in as long a-time as they see fit"
Somebody needs to go on a touchy-feely course. Do they still have those Church courses? As I recall they were deemed one of the best dosses going, provided you didn't mind a bit of happy clapping.

How freaky is sitting on top of a large, powerful, unpredictable and stupid animal?
Pretty freaky when it's the candidate for MrsPlume in the early 2000s...

I deliberately avoided putting this in the NAAFI bar, but it seems I wasted my time.

This will be you in a few hours.......

naughty%20step-thumb-140x105.jpg

Ooops, sorry slippers. Move it to Athletes you would thread maybe?
Now that made me laugh, but I'm f*cked if I'm going to give you a like for it!

It's a harsh life, but she doesn't fit the criteria for being awarded/winning a medal.
I shall task the waltfinders to check she never wears one!

On a serious note, while it's a shame she was paralised and incredible that she is doing this - she has entered a competition and even if she finishes it she doesn't qualify for a medal. Such is life. I'm sure she has much bigger things to worry about than a medal.
oh and well done to whoever designed and made her mechwarrior suit.

Pretty freaky when it's the candidate for MrsPlume in the early 2000s...
I was going to make some witty remark about riding dangerous beasts, but what goes on in BATUS stays in BATUS :wink:

Yawn, another cripple manages to complete a marathon in a stupidly slow time. Medal? I hope they cut her disability allowance and reduce my taxes

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Lonely Hearts 184
W Aviation 79
S Current Affairs, News and Analysis 11