Gis a fiver for a cup of tea, yer me best fcuking mate you are, etc.

Someone asked me this today, and I couldn't think of a reasonable answer. Why do tramps put a brown paper bag over their bottle of meths, cider, toilet duck, etc ?

I remember a few of them who used to do this in a park opposite Balham underground station back in the late 80s, but the last time I went past there, they'd built a supermarket on the site.

Because plastic carrier bags cost 5p each these days, plus they are being environmentally friendly by using a recyclable product.

Or, maybe they don't want to be lifted by plod for drinking in public.

Or somefink.

Fùck off you pointless life failure.
Hadaway and shite yer friggers, I'll chin the bloody lot o yers.

But seriously folks, was that you having a fight with your mate in the road outside the entrance to China town that night ? I couldn't give him any money as I'd already spent it on a sandwich earlier. He only used the phrase 'people of the streets', and let's face it, I've heard worse definitions. When I walked past about ten minutes later, the old bill were there in a van and the traffic was having to drive round you.

Someone asked me this today, and I couldn't think of a reasonable answer. Why do tramps put a brown paper bag over their bottle of meths, cider, toilet duck, etc ?

I remember a few of them who used to do this in a park opposite Balham underground station back in the late 80s, but the last time I went past there, they'd built a supermarket on the site.
Your "mate' has been watching too many US television programmes.
In the US it is illegal in many places to drink alcohol on the street, or, as the law is actually written, “to have visible alcoholic beverages”.However, to arrest you, the officer has to have sight of the label. If the bottle is in a brown bag,the officer can’t see the label. Requiring the person to show him the contents of the bag is actually unlawful search and seizure.
In the UK we have a much more relaxed approach to these lovable characters......
images.jpeg

Hadaway and shite yer friggers, I'll chin the bloody lot o yers.

But seriously folks, was that you having a fight with your mate in the road outside the entrance to China town that night ? I couldn't give him any money as I'd already spent it on a sandwich earlier. He only used the phrase 'people of the streets', and let's face it, I've heard worse definitions. When I walked past about ten minutes later, the old bill were there in a van and the traffic was having to drive round you.

Ooooh, had a shandy, have we?

Years ago they used to ask for Ten Pence for a "cup tea, pal!"...... now with inflation it is usually a Fiver for a carry out coffee..... yes, and elephants can fly.

Sadly the numbers of homeless folks around where I live in East Angular, not far from Colchester is increasing. Some of 'em dusky lads from far off hot, sweaty places who have learned how to become Street Alkies just like our own highly trained Tramps and Pissheids.....:)

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Why is it that beggars tend to congregate around cash machines and then ask for cash. You go to teh cashpoint to get cash out as you probably might not have any, draw out £100 in 20s and then said Harry then asks for some, you're hardly likely to give him a score, are you?

At my local Metro station, there is an enterprising local alkie who is into collecting the used daysaver tickets, and selling them on cheaply. I buy off him if he is there. A few times I have even given him a daysaver that I wouldn't be needing again, so he can flog it. Sometimes there are other alkie or junkie types who inhabit his spot, when he's not there.

I have worked in Nottingham loadsa times. This five to one ratio of women to men is absolute bollocks. It's more like Nottingham city centre has five times as many beggars as anywhere else.

Another time working in London, Bloomsbury, there was a cashpoint round the corner from my hotel, with a duty beggar nearby. Once, I noticed the spot was empty. I was gonna report him to the Beggar's Union for abandoning his post!!

I have seen one beggar at Waterloo, who had no legs and got about on a board with castor wheels. A bit like Eddie Murphy in Trading Places. Another beggar used to be by the escalators next to Waterloo Station McDonalds had crutches. He is an ex-skinhead, judging by the tattoos on his face and forehead.

Why is it that beggars tend to congregate around cash machines and then ask for cash. You go to teh cashpoint to get cash out as you probably might not have any, draw out £100 in 20s and then said Harry then asks for some, you're hardly likely to give him a score, are you?
I certainly would not as £20 would just encourage him to "go large" at McDonalds, but I would have my man give him a sound thrashing to teach him respect for his betters.

Did the same myself and told the plonker these machines don't give change. His response, "I've got six pound and something. If I give you that will you give me a tenner. Didn't stop laughing for ages.
In another life I saw a Kosovan beggar taken off a tube train and the police counted over £500 and it wasn't even noon. The buggers get everywhere. There's one chappie in Stoke Newington been there for eight years that I know of. Mustn't have been able to save up for that house yet. :cool:

I saw a young lad in Plymouth, by the banks, one Friday night in June 2001, getting changed out of some decent clothes, and into his ripped jeans and combat jacket, for a shift.

When we sit at the outside tables at the Union Rooms, and the Milf Castle in Newcastle on Sunday nights, me and the Geordie Punks always get hassled from beggars. There may be other people there, but they always come to us, first.

Well has someone who has pissed on more tramps than most.
You are a stupid cünt who watches too much American TV.

Latest Threads