Girls in the Infantry

Whilst not infantry and a while a go since I served, My corps was very much mixed, both officers and ORs The best of the women matched up to the best of the men in terms of fitness, skills and general military allroundness. The worst of each match the worst.

But the size to power ratio did make it easier in terms of equipment carried for the average man, however as has been pointed out the Army contains many men of smaller stature.
A short bloke will have to take more paces in a eg 10 mile bash than a tall bloke. But he may weigh 10 stone while the big bloke may be 13 stone so in effect is carrying less weight.

Compare a 5'4" bloke with a 5'4" woman and the significant difference is the musculo skeletal system.

I have the highest regard and admiration for women who pass these kind of courses but am pretty certain it will impact their bodies in later years more than the male equivalent I mentioned above.

Chatting the the FP lot at my place asking where al the women were. They said a lot were doing the course as some sort of challenge and either chinning it or doing something else which I can only assume is join the Corps.

A short bloke will have to take more paces in a eg 10 mile bash than a tall bloke. But he may weigh 10 stone while the big bloke may be 13 stone so in effect is carrying less weight.
Wee problem with that example. My equipment, webbing, that rifle, A 41(?), etc was not reduced in proportion to my height, or lack off. Consequently whereas your bigger blokes could carry that weight all day, I could only manage 7/8 hours. By the way, the weight was 9 stone, me, whilst the weight I carried on the last tour in Borneo was a bit over 100 lbs. The weight carried without radio etc was around 40 ish lbs. Other than the bren gunner/Gimpy the bigger blokes were carrying 40 lbs, whilst us short Arrses just soldiered on. Funny, I seem to remember the bren/Gimpy gunners were sort Arrses too.