Girls in the Infantry

That may be your opinion, others differ,

The fact is that the role is now available to women so if a female wants to take that opportunity and meets the required standards then I don't see why not.
It is'nt just my opinion.
The USMC recently finished a lengthy , in-depth study comparing an all male unit with a mixed male/ female unit.
Same tasks, same loads, same time of the year, personnel picked randomly.
They set it up , not to prove the 'men are better- suited' line of thought, but to genuinely discover what the outcome would be.

And they had the honesty to publish the results.
Guess which group performed better ?
And more than significantly better.
Also something was mentioned about how the mindset of the two groups differed.

You can see it on Youtube btw.

ugly

LE
Gents, here isn't the place to post these things, the OP asked for advice and help. Either give it or don't answer please.

mollyjp1

Swinger
Hello, my daughter is hoping to join the infantry and go to harrogate in September as well. Maybe drop me a message and we can chat about it

Her fitness is very good - her dad is regularly kicking her butt on runs and upper body strength (he’s ex-army and I think it’s all bringing back fond memories for him ) She’s all over robust and has never been a wimp I’m just worried that her height may be an issue, she’s only 5ft 4 but as I said can’t find any info at all! Thank you for your reply
5ft 4? Tank crew!

Hi, my daughter is hoping to join AFC Harrogate in September and has her heart set on the Infantry. I understand that she may get steered in a different direction following assessments but, for now, that’s where her focus is. I have tried to find information about girls in the Infantry but with it being quite new it’s few and far between. I was wondering if anybody had any knowledge or information on if they are actively wanting females in these roles and if any have actually passed through Harrogate yet?? Thank you in advance for your help

I too was 5'4" when I joined the infantry way back. There were some even smaller than me, but you'd expect that in a Jockanese Regiment. ;)

Good luck with her endeavours.

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
Most careers are now open to Woman even now Para trained units.
Over the next few years everything else will get opened up for them.

None in the SAS?

Well plenty have served alongside like in 14 Intelligence & the Det in NI.
The ladies can bring peace to an argument at lot easier than a 6ft muscle man!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Thank you for your reply - being a typical teenager it’s really difficult to dissuade her when she has set her mind on something and as I said, with very little information out there it’s hard for her to make an informed decision so maybe when she goes to assessment (if she’s successful) she’ll change her mind, maybe not. As long as she’s happy - that’s my priority
In the long run your daughter can always remuster to another badge if not totally happy with her lot in the infantry.

None in the SAS?

Not really what we’re looking for in the infantry.

None in the SAS?

Trust me. They can start a few as well and be in no position to finish it!

In the long run your daughter can always remuster to another badge if not totally happy with her lot in the infantry.
The most important thing for your kids to get the best gen to transition from kids to adults, comes from people who love them, and have been there.

Yes, exceptional girls can carry out an infantymans role.

Will they be respected by the blokes around them ? Absolutely.

In later life will their bodies fail quicker from the damage just by carrying the load at speed..... ?

Well..,.. the cnuts who push this agenda ( and never served ) will be well dead before these results are published.

Respect to our exceptional women.

A pox on political correctness

I can imagine that they'll be actively encouraging suitable female recruits to join the infantry. How's her fitness? A good level of fitness, plus physical and mental robustness are essential.
Any chance of saying that in English ^~

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
No need, you just have to learn English.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Whilst not infantry and a while a go since I served, My corps was very much mixed, both officers and ORs The best of the women matched up to the best of the men in terms of fitness, skills and general military allroundness. The worst of each match the worst.

But the size to power ratio did make it easier in terms of equipment carried for the average man, however as has been pointed out the Army contains many men of smaller stature.

Latest Threads