girl snipers?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by aj2608, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wondering, can girls be snipers?
    and if so, what regiment?
  2. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Yes I'm sure they can
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  3. No you cannot. I believe you may be trained on a sniper rifle for RE bomb disposal, you would have 2 ask the Engineers.
  4. thats good, that what i want to do!
    does that include officers?
  5. To be a sniper, you are classified as infantry assett, as you know women cannot be Inf. like I said regarding Engineers, you will have to ask them, but I doubt it .
  6. ok thanks i will post same question in the engineers bit.
  7. Only in 49 Para.

Hope this helps.
  8. Correct, EOD have the rifles but don't do the sniper course, just a fam on the rifle, as wimmin can be EOD trained it's possible they could handle the very large weapons :roll:
  9. I'd learn the basic marksmanship principles and learning how to shoot before worrying about wanting to become a sniper.
  10. As Blobmeister said, you have to spend something like 2/3 years in an infantry unit before you can specialize as a sniper. As females can't join the infantry I don't think you are able to become a sniper.
  11. Thank fcuk, I've seen some of them shoot. Low flying aircraft beware.
  12. were not all like that!
    thanks for all the help everyone
  13. i beleive as a sniper you are more about intelligence gathering but Officers do make a very good target and are high up the list of points on your score sheet :D
  14. Most soldier career paths are open to males and females. The exceptions to this are the Household Cavalry, the Royal Armoured Corps and the Infantry, these roles are male only.

and a sniper is a infantry unit and you can also be a sniper in the household cavalry
  15. blobmeister
    Unless you think out of the box.....

However, although this has not been tried yet....

What if aj2608 were to pass AACC, then she (could be he) would then be classed as an infantry asset and technically i presume open to attend all the courses her fellow males would be allowed to. There have been a few case of All Arms Ranks passing the RM Snipers course. (Only a few mind, but still a few) Don't sniff so quickly, there have been a few female passes
    wether who are entitled to wear the green beret and dagger....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.