Girl of 6 snatched from bath

Tom_Thumb said:
Well, I'd like to know your opinins on this one.

have come to the conclusion there is definitley more than what meets the eye.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/4566594.stm
Remeber the one in essex where the young girl said she was sexually assaulted by a young black male. Police were panned for investigating it.

Biscuits_AB said:
Is LJH a Geordie?
Maybe he moved - been quite on the boards since Christmas Eve.......

scalieback said:
Remeber the one in essex where the young girl said she was sexually assaulted by a young black male. Police were panned for investigating it.
My thoughts precisely. The bogeyman doesn't exist and most murders/serious assaults are by people close to their victims. If a crime has actually occurred then perhaps they need to avoid the temptation to look for a random stranger who snatches kids through their own bathroom window. It's a licence for tabloid sensationalist headlines that's for sure.

PD

PoisonDwarf said:
scalieback said:
My thoughts precisely. The bogeyman doesn't exist and most murders/serious assaults are by people close to their victims. If a crime has actually occurred then perhaps they need to avoid the temptation to look for a random stranger who snatches kids through their own bathroom window. It's a licence for tabloid sensationalist headlines that's for sure.

PD
When was the Essex assault? I need to go to the news archives to keep up.

PD, we were discussing the exact same thing at my house an hour ago. Sexual assaults are mostly by immediate family members or friends, not the proverbial Bushy-Haired Stranger. Even more so for children. Something about this case is wrong and I am interested to find out what emerges.

TankiesYank said:
PoisonDwarf said:
scalieback said:

PD

PD, we were discussing the exact same thing at my house an hour ago. Sexual assaults are mostly by immediate family members or friends, not the proverbial Bushy-Haired Stranger. Even more so for children. Something about this case is wrong and I am interested to find out what emerges.
http://www.spiked-online.com/Printable/0000000CAE02.htm
Child rape in Essex

Back in March, the shocking headlines were about 'Child raped by intruder in own bedroom', and 'Sleepover girl raped'. A girl described only as being between five and 10 years old had been attacked in her own bed in Essex. Police released a sketch and startlingly detailed description of the black rapist, and launched a major investigation involving up to 40 officers. Every report seemed to take its cue from a Chief Inspector's comment that 'It is every parent's worst nightmare'. As with most nightmares, however, some of it did not seem to ring true. How, for instance, had the attacker got into and out of a house where the girl's mother and five other children were sleeping, without any signs of forced entry?

In May came another shocking headline: 'Girl made up rape claim, say police.' Essex police said that the girl had admitted inventing the rape. They conceded that they had simply taken the allegation of rape at face value, and much of the media seemed to follow that lead. Social services were left to investigate suggestions that the child had made up the story after witnessing sexual activity at home 'on more than one occasion'. Nobody seemed to ask whether the police and the media might have witnessed enough over the years to raise doubts about the story in the first place.
It's a pretty good overall view of what happened.

TankiesYank said:
PoisonDwarf said:
scalieback said:

PD

http://www.thurrock-community.org.uk/sericc/myths_facts.htm
MYTH: Rape only occurs at the hands of strangers in dark alleys, at night, behind bushes, in lonely places.
FACT: Research shows that in the majority of cases the rapist is known to the woman. He may be a Friend, Workmate, Relative or Husband. About 50% of rapes occur in the home of the woman or the attacker.

Heard about three versions of this. First version was that the little girl was in the bath - in the house - on her own and said man sneaked through the back door. Last version was that the mum and her female partner was in the house; the six year old was in the bath with her eighteen month old brother. Woman's partner had taken the boy out the bath and was drying him in the room next door. Mum was downstairs in the living, and then the man sneaked in. Either way.... the poor thing was found by another family naked and crying outside in a back-alley in this weather which is bad enough but can't help feeling that there's more to the story.

Tom_Thumb said:
For all of you who thought her story wasn't genuine.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1963621_2,00.html

tom thumb
The point being that there is something not quite right about strangers abducting kids from bathrooms and leaving them in the street. Essex police believed the kid who said she'd been assaulted and devoted a whole MIT (Major Investigation Team) to it. After a huge amount of man hours and public appeals, it came down to the fact that she said what had happened had, but the medical and witness evidence did not concur. You then go back to the family .........

In this case, we can only go by what is stated in the media and it doesn't add up on the evidence to hand. It may be that is what happened but it's highly unusual.

Here's an update on this story that I found...

Girl Describes Abductor

I don't know anything about the geography of this area, nor am I clear about how long she was missing from the house. Anyone have any idea how extensive an area she would have covered, based on the areas she's pointing out? Would they be looking for someone in a car now, rather than on foot?

I'm just wondering what the margin of error is for a frightened six-year-old. This is still hinky to me somehow. I have no doubt that she was assaulted but something about the route or the description of the stranger is still odd to me.

I agree with scalieback...it's not impossible that a predatory stranger watched her long enough to figure out A) where the bath was, B) when she was alone and unguarded, and C) how to get in and out of the house with a terrified child without being seen. It just seems unlikely.

Geographically, the abduction took place in the Willington Quay area, which is some 4 miles east of Newcastle. She was then taken and driven about two miles west to the Wallsend area.

Hope they catch the TW*T and put his face on a bacon slicer at mimimum setting whilst inserting a rabid whippet up his bottom. SCUM

Rant Over

Sad to say, but when I first heard this, my immediate reaction was that it was a cover story to protect a family member who had carried out the assault. I have nothing to base this on, just gut feeling.
And if it was a stranger who abducted and molested the kid - how the fcuk did he gain entry? I have'nt heard if it was through a window or door but, either way, it's down to poor home security.
Whoever assualted the bairn, stranger or family member, hanging's too fcuking good for them. I'd rip their fcuking teeth out with pliers, and that's just for a warm-up.

I agree that there is something very fishy about this,we live in a row of terrace houses and early evening there is always people out and about,either doing there cars, moaning to each other or kids playing in the street,and in our houses if the bathroom is on the ground floor its usally just off from the kitchen so to walk into someones kitchen in the early evening on the off chance that a kid is in the bath with no parent nearby is stretching thing s abit much in my humble opinion