Girl, 7, in fatal quad bike crash

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tytus_Barnowl, Dec 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Check this story
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/7161165.stm
    Not taking away the tragedy from the parents but who the fukc lets their child out on a main road with a quad bike.
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Fingrith Hall Lane
    The girl was taken to hospital where she died from her injuries
    A seven-year-old girl died after her quad bike was involved in a head-on collision with a Range Rover in Essex.

The crash occurred in Fingrith Hall Lane, just outside the village of Blackmore, on Wednesday evening.

Elizabeth Cooke, of Spriggs Lane, Blackmore, was taken to Chelmsford's Broomfield Hospital where she died.

A woman, 28, who was driving the Range Rover, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving while unfit through drink or drugs.

The woman, from the Brentwood area, has been bailed until New Year's Eve.

'Dangerous wherever used'

Anyone who witnessed the crash between the red Shark quad bike and the red Range Rover, which occurred at about 1900 GMT, is asked to contact Essex Police.

Some manufacturers make smaller quad bikes with automatic transmissions for children. It is illegal to ride such machines on public roads without a licence and insurance.

Some junior quad bikes are capable of speeds of up to 40mph (64km/h).

A spokesman for road safety charity Brake said: "Even with permission to use the machines on private land, children should not be put in control of them - the sheer power and speed of them is dangerous wherever they are used."

2. especially on an unlit country lane at 7pm when its pitch dark! Poor little sod!

3. Bring on the RIP crew!

4. no no no..this will be one for the 'outrage bandwagon' :D

5. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-7180979,00.html

The spokesman said the woman driving the Range Rover was later released on bail without charge pending further investigations.

6. Sorry, there will be a slight delay as they are already attending to the dead policeman thread.

7. I don't suppose the police have arrested the parents on suspicion of being a bunch of fucking mongs! That is outrageous!

8. They are as much responsible for their child as the Mcanna but probably nothing will happen to any of them.

9. The RIP AND the Outrage Crew are off for the holidays. However I am more than willing to blame this on illegal immigrants and the Labor party.

That is all.

10. I bet her parents are well chuffed................."shall we get out little girl a quad for christmas?"................."that's a really good idea honey, then we'll let her out on the road, she's 7 now, she can look after herself."

'King retards!!! Hope the live a long and pain-full life of sorrow.

11. Man that is born of woman hath but a short time to live, and is full of misery.

He cometh up and is cut down, like a flower;

He fleeth as it were a shadow, and never continueth in one stay.

Blah, blah..

12. I don't know about you, but I did stuff that my parents told me not to, if I had a mini quad or even a farm quad, first thing I'd have done was seen how fast I could get it, where best to do that? hmm..

Stuff happens, years ago the media wasn't as well organised and noone knew to get outraged about it, isn't it a bit of an effort to get annoyed this much before we know 'owt.

Best advice I was ever told, if something sounds too outrageous, evil or stupid to be true- it probably isn't.

13. She was riding behind her dad in the Range rover when another range rover came the opposite direction and hit the quad head on, it is reported that she passed the road side breathalizer. Legal age to ride on the highway is 16 with crash helmet.

14. Parents let the poor little sod out on a quad bike opn public roads at night, driver of the other vehicle immediately arrested on suspected D&D. Interesting to note she has now been released without charge "pending further enquiries", it seems to be police procedure to nick the driver everytime. I can speak from personal experience having wipped out cyclist who jumped the lights, plods first IA on arrival breatalise me (negative) next action arrest me for dangerous driving and cart me off to police station for 6 hours. Eventually released with no charges after staements made by witnesses. However left to make my own way back to car, car not where I left it due to having been towed for illegal parking, ended up severly out of pocket even though I was the innocent party.

15. Very nearly wiped out a cyclist the other day. One of these lycra-clad types came sailing past stopped traffic and straight through a red light, obviously on the understanding that the rules of the road didn't apply to him.