Girl, 14, burnt in tanning salon

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by dangerousdave, Feb 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No doubt she'll get compo :x . maybe a good idea to use any pay out towards an education and develop more than one brain cell :roll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7899199.stm

A health and safety investigation has been launched after a 14-year-old girl suffered burns over 70% of her body using an unstaffed tanning salon.

Kirsty McRae was put on a hospital drip after spending £4 for 19 minutes on a coin-operated sunbed on Monday.

Her mother Jill, from Barry Island, Vale of Glamorgan, said unstaffed salons posed "an enormous risk".

James Hadley, who owns Lextan, the salon which Kirsty used, said he was operating within the law.

Kirsty, who is on half-term, originally put £1 into a coin operated sunbed at Lextan, but felt she was not tanned enough, so paid another £3 for another 15 minutes.

2. Tough titties.

3. Quite....

4. I think that her daughters inability to heed the sign that banned under 16s from said tanning establishment posed as great a risk.

When are people going to start looking after themselves instead of finding scapgoats for their feckups?

5. So, an airhead gets turned a bit pink.

If you read the Dail Mail version (which is their headline schlock horror story) she was "...rushed to hospital with horrific burns...."

Now, given the true suffering of others, that is dreadful even by the low standards of the Daily Mail. :x

6. She is welsh so its not surprising that she got confused! Money? Time? Sun? :twisted:

7. I can't believe that this is getting the airtime that it is - she was stupid, simple as that.

8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

She lied to get entry. No sympathy.

Ah christ, Chubby, is that you, dear? Sounds like you regular drivel. :roll: IP check anyone?

9. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

10. Uses a tanning booth and still manages to get terrible tan lines as well as 3rd degree burns, airhead chav

11. It is Chubby! I cant believe Ive posted in the same forum as a real life arrse Salker! I feel a little bit proud and a little bit ashamed!

12. i blame your mum, for getting raped by that smelly old tramp and not having an abortion.

13. Yep defo chubbs, not that it bothers me. I quite like her and really don't see the problem anyone has with her.

14. have i missed something here? :?

15. Your not from round these parts are you?