GIP

Quick question, I have been awarded level 6 GIP. Is this back dated to day off discharged even if it's 7 year's ago. It's been a longish fight.

Also have been on the full pip for about ,3 years. Is this automatically transferred to AFPIP, will this Also be back paid to date off discharged for the 4 year's missing.

Thanks in advance. Been scanning but cannot find the exact answer.

commachio36

Clanker
Hello,

I have just been awarded the same and received the payments.

GIP is backdated to either discharge or date of claim ( Sorry my memory’s s**t )

You are meant to be automatically transferred and was repeatedly told this when speaking to VetsUK... however they didn’t make the link, and I had to get a case worker to get it going - I advise to call if you don’t hear anything within the first week of your letter stating amounts etc..

AFIP is backdated to the date of discharge or claim (again sorry, memory ) however it won’t go any further back than 2013 as that’s when it became a thing.

Sorry if I’m not much help, I have the paperwork but I’m moving next week and it’s all boxed up!

You can always request a callback from your case manager and ask them the questions.

Hello,

I have just been awarded the same and received the payments.

GIP is backdated to either discharge or date of claim ( Sorry my memory’s s**t )

You are meant to be automatically transferred and was repeatedly told this when speaking to VetsUK... however they didn’t make the link, and I had to get a case worker to get it going - I advise to call if you don’t hear anything within the first week of your letter stating amounts etc..

AFIP is backdated to the date of discharge or claim (again sorry, memory ) however it won’t go any further back than 2013 as that’s when it became a thing.

Sorry if I’m not much help, I have the paperwork but I’m moving next week and it’s all boxed up!

You can always request a callback from your case manager and ask them the questions.
Great no problem ,

It's probably why it takes them so long to make a decision.

I was discharged in 2014 , so 7 year's of everything plus the lump sum fingers crossed.

I just don't Want to be fighting anymore and get on with life and have a clear mind..

I don't no how you found this whole process but in my experience it was horrible . I found it easier getting my full award for PIP .

But thanks for your response and time.

commachio36

Clanker
No problem mate,

I was medically discharged in 2011... they finally gave me level 6 in September 2021. I have to agree with you, it’s hard, and depressing at points, debilitating even. Twisting words, forgetting to include important papers. LIES.

So because my DOD and my claim date was in 2011, I think my award was backdated to date of claim, but AFIP was to date AFIP started 2013.

But it’s done now brother, you finally got there!

No problem mate,

I was medically discharged in 2011... they finally gave me level 6 in September 2021. I have to agree with you, it’s hard, and depressing at points, debilitating even. Twisting words, forgetting to include important papers. LIES.

So because my DOD and my claim date was in 2011, I think my award was backdated to date of claim, but AFIP was to date AFIP started 2013.

But it’s done now brother, you finally got there!
Wow 10 year's, well congrats for keeping it up .

Yes I had all off that. Theses people should be help account able for many things.

Yes I have never felt a huge weight off my shoulders.

Latest Threads