GIP payment time

Hi all,
Question for those who have been awarded GIP after tribunal appeal.
I received an email last week from Vets UK saying the policy department has released the decision to be implemented but no official timeline for payment.

can anyone advise on how long after that phase, that I will receive the back dated GIP and the lump sum graduation for new tier award.

TIA

commachio36

Clanker
I received a call from the department that look at everything (cant remember the name sorry) on Tuesday. They said they were now looking at mine and weren’t contesting it. And that I should receive a letter with the next 14 days and payment shortly after it.

I think we’re at the same point

Good news for you there. Did you request a call or did they just call out of the blue? My tribunal was 3/8/21 and I received the decision letter 5/8/21. When was yours?

It’s hard to determine if them saying the decision will be completed in 2 weeks means the payment will be sent in that time or that the letter will be sent. Either way I assume now that it’s being actioned, that the process is almost complete.
Hope you’re happy with your outcome with the whole process, it’s a long old slog with these things.

commachio36

Clanker
Well my partner kept calling and because it was just the same repeated spiel she asked for someone to call her back. That was Monday got the call Tuesday, and she said it was to confirm the bank details. And that the letter would be sent within 14 days and payment not long after.

Tribunal was 22nd July, received email of outcome on 4th August.

Yeah it’s hard the wait... I’m thinking/hoping the letter will drop this week. As soon as it does I will let you know. Good luck!

My tribunal was 19th May received an email on 15th June sayining they had the 42 days to appeal and I've heard nothing else. I've phoned veterans UK to see what's happening but they don't have answers. I suppose it's a sit and wait game like it has been for the past 8 years.

My tribunal was 19th May received an email on 15th June sayining they had the 42 days to appeal and I've heard nothing else. I've phoned veterans UK to see what's happening but they don't have answers. I suppose it's a sit and wait game like it has been for the past 8 years.
Mate that sucks, maybe they are appealing hence the lateness and lack of answers.

I hope it all goes through for you sooner rather than later, 8 years is ridiculous. Is that multiple appeals over that time?

commachio36

Clanker
Bloody hell that’s bad. I’d get in touch, and explain that you should of heard wether they are appealing and if aren’t ask why it’s taken so long, when others have had tribunals after yours and have been updated with a 2 week window.

Best of luck brother

Well my partner kept calling and because it was just the same repeated spiel she asked for someone to call her back. That was Monday got the call Tuesday, and she said it was to confirm the bank details. And that the letter would be sent within 14 days and payment not long after.

Tribunal was 22nd July, received email of outcome on 4th August.

Yeah it’s hard the wait... I’m thinking/hoping the letter will drop this week. As soon as it does I will let you know. Good luck!Hey mate, just confirmed my bank details with them today you had an updated t?

commachio36

Clanker
Yes! Sorry been busy sorting things out, I received the award letter with the amounts to be paid yesterday! They have of course messed up 2 things, the judge ordered something be reconsidered and they didn’t include that within the letter to re appeal it, they also haven’t put me down for AFIP I was told repeatedly on the phone from vets uk that if I was eligible for AFIP that it would automatically be applied for... nothing in the letter, so I called them and he said if I was eligible I would of been put forward for it but I haven’t because I would need a GIP tariff of 50% or above... I told him I’ve been awarded 75% so I now have to wait for a call back about that.

I think it was about a week from confirming bank to receiving the letter. Funds are transferred 20 days from the date of the letter you receive.

All the best!

Yes! Sorry been busy sorting things out, I received the award letter with the amounts to be paid yesterday! They have of course messed up 2 things, the judge ordered something be reconsidered and they didn’t include that within the letter to re appeal it, they also haven’t put me down for AFIP I was told repeatedly on the phone from vets uk that if I was eligible for AFIP that it would automatically be applied for... nothing in the letter, so I called them and he said if I was eligible I would of been put forward for it but I haven’t because I would need a GIP tariff of 50% or above... I told him I’ve been awarded 75% so I now have to wait for a call back about that.

I think it was about a week from confirming bank to receiving the letter. Funds are transferred 20 days from the date of the letter you receive.

All the best!
Typical ey, they fall at the final hurdle and can’t quite get it right lol.

good that it’s complete for you now though. Was it calculated correctly for you? As in the method we talked about before (gross salary etc). I’m just anticipating a **** up somehow by them myself.

commachio36

Clanker
Yeah it is gross and how we worked it out. I double checked by calling JPAC and asked for my salary on date of discharge. And it was correct as to how they have worked it out.

Yeah, again apparently they are for the vets yet love to make/put troubled minds in difficulty. Got a call back and they are questioning the appeal for the other claim as it wasn’t worded correctly by the judge and the AFIP she said she will try and push it through...

Hope you haven’t got to wait too long now!

Yeah it is gross and how we worked it out. I double checked by calling JPAC and asked for my salary on date of discharge. And it was correct as to how they have worked it out.

Yeah, again apparently they are for the vets yet love to make/put troubled minds in difficulty. Got a call back and they are questioning the appeal for the other claim as it wasn’t worded correctly by the judge and the AFIP she said she will try and push it through...

Hope you haven’t got to wait too long now!
Any update for you mate? My letter is on its way but has to get to Germany so could be a bit of a wait. You get your issue sorted with the AFIP?

commachio36

Clanker
Any update for you mate? My letter is on its way but has to get to Germany so could be a bit of a wait. You get your issue sorted with the AFIP?
Hiya Mate, Yes! Had one lump sum of the backdated GIP, the other payment for the higher level is due any day now!

AFIP - They have finally sent out a form to complete which I have sent back, so will be waiting a bit for that. But I am entitled to it.

It’s taken quite a while for your letter hasn’t it! Germany or not.

All the best

Hiya Mate, Yes! Had one lump sum of the backdated GIP, the other payment for the higher level is due any day now!

AFIP - They have finally sent out a form to complete which I have sent back, so will be waiting a bit for that. But I am entitled to it.

It’s taken quite a while for your letter hasn’t it! Germany or not.

All the best
Great news man! Final push now getting the AFIP sorted.

Yes, according to Vets Uk it was posted on the 7th so should arrive this week I’d imagine. I’m hoping there’s no errors and I can just crack on now lol.

Latest Threads