Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GIP Offset and AFPS 75 SIP

Hi all,

I did spend a good couple of hours searching for some information here. I have not found a suitable answer therefore, putting this query to those learned ones here.

If a 46 years old SP who has done 26 years is medically discharged under Tier 1 Tariff 11 with a GIP, how is this GIP calculated (could not find GIP factor to age table anywhere) and how is it adjusted by the SIP he will receive? I understand the SIP is supplemented by additional GIP.

For ease of providing example, hypothetically, his last wage will be 49k with a SIP from invaliding pension table at 17k.

Cause of discharge is attributable to service, therefore, what compensation will he be entitled to and will they take into account the years he could have done and promotions lost as a result?

Thank you all in advance.

Hearty greetings for the festive season!

Hi all,

I did spend a good couple of hours searching for some information here. I have not found a suitable answer therefore, putting this query to those learned ones here.

If a 46 years old SP who has done 26 years is medically discharged under Tier 1 Tariff 11 with a GIP, how is this GIP calculated (could not find GIP factor to age table anywhere) and how is it adjusted by the SIP he will receive? I understand the SIP is supplemented by additional GIP.

For ease of providing example, hypothetically, his last wage will be 49k with a SIP from invaliding pension table at 17k.

Cause of discharge is attributable to service, therefore, what compensation will he be entitled to and will they take into account the years he could have done and promotions lost as a result?

Thank you all in advance.

Hearty greetings for the festive season!

We'd rather just tell your husband privately :)