GIP and timescales

Hi all,

Looking for some information if anyone can sign post me, I just want to make sure I understand some of the differences in payments from AFCS claim.

So, medically discharged March 2019.
Initially awarded level 12 tariff however I appealed and have now been awarded level 10 a week ago(which I believe means I SHOULD receive GIP).

my age at time of discharge was 27, and my GROSS salary was approx 37,000. Is the gip calculated from the GROSS or NET income? Either way, does that mean my GIP will be back dated from Date of new decision, to my discharge date(28 months)?
Just hoping someone who has been through this process can confirm I have calculated correctly.

Also a time line from receiving the new decision letter last week via email, to the payments being sent to me.

any info would be appreciated ☺️

commachio36

Clanker
Hi
so it’s your gross salary. Roughly working it out £37,000 x 1.132 (GIP factor)= £41,184 now if your getting 30% GIP You will get roughly £12,565.20p annually. Monthly that’s £1,047.10p per month x 28 (months) = £29,318.80p backdated with your GIP monthly ongoing for life.

hope it helps it’s a rough guide!

Time frame is roughly 6 weeks. I received mine by email too about a week and a half ago. You’ll also receive a lump sum of the increase of award which will be added to your backdated GIP.

let us know how you get on.

Hi
so it’s your gross salary. Roughly working it out £37,000 x 1.132 (GIP factor)= £41,184 now if your getting 30% GIP You will get roughly £12,565.20p annually. Monthly that’s £1,047.10p per month x 28 (months) = £29,318.80p backdated with your GIP monthly ongoing for life.

hope it helps it’s a rough guide!

Time frame is roughly 6 weeks. I received mine by email too about a week and a half ago. You’ll also receive a lump sum of the increase of award which will be added to your backdated GIP.

let us know how you get on.
Great! Thanks mate. That’s pretty much exactly how I calculated but with things like that a mistake can always slip in there lol.

commachio36

Clanker
Great! Thanks mate. That’s pretty much exactly how I calculated but with things like that a mistake can always slip in there lol.
No worries mate, just a heads up, if your condition should deteriorate ( I don’t know what it is, you don’t have to say) within 10 years. You can ask for an exceptional review.

If this was an appeal, and it gets worse or you feel this wasn’t the right tariff I would appeal to the tribunal.

Take care

Latest Threads