Gip an divorce

Hi all. Hoping someone might be able to advise please. I am currently going through a divorce. I am receipt of gip. Can my soon to be ex wife claim any of my gip?
Thank you I’m advance.

Hi all. Hoping someone might be able to advise please. I am currently going through a divorce. I am receipt of gip. Can my soon to be ex wife claim any of my gip?
Thank you I’m advance.

It’s income, so in theory yes, unless there is specific legislation that says it can’t be.

If she’s not very co-operative and out to rinse you then you’ll need a good solicitor to argue the the GIP is a compensation payment for injuries YOU have sustained and therefore should remain entirely with you.

One problem you will have is that Equinity Paymaster lumps your pension and GIP together and lists it as pension in your yearly letter from them.

Call Veterans Welfare and get them to ask Equinity to send you separate letters for pension and GIP.

It’s income, so in theory yes, unless there is specific legislation that says it can’t be.

If she’s not very co-operative and out to rinse you then you’ll need a good solicitor to argue the the GIP is a compensation payment for injuries YOU have sustained and therefore should remain entirely with you.

One problem you will have is that Equinity Paymaster lumps your pension and GIP together and lists it as pension in your yearly letter from them.

Call Veterans Welfare and get them to ask Equinity to send you separate letters for pension and GIP.
Thank you dingerr.