Gingrich: Lets Blow Up Iranian Natural Gas Facilities

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Sep 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Linked article paraphrases latest words of wisdom about Iran from former House Majority Leader and sometimes aspirant to the Republican presidential nomination Newt Gingrich uttered on Greta Van Susteren's On The Record program on the Fox News Network:

Monday night (September 24, 2007) during On the Record with Greta van Susteren, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich called for the Bush administration to sabotage Iran's natural gas refinery....

Gingrich said: "I can't imagine why they put up with this. I mean, either General Petraeus is wrong and the military spokesman's wrong or the current policies we have are stunningly ineffective. ... We should finance the students. We should finance a Radio Free Iran. We should covertly sabotage the only gasoline refinery in the country. We should be prepared, once the gasoline refinery's down, to stop all of the gasoline tankers and communicate to the Iranian government, that, if they want to move equipment into Iran - into Iraq - they're gonna have to walk."

"Newt Gingrich: Bush Should Blow Up Iran's Natural Gas Insfrastructure"
    Reported by Marie Therese - September 26, 2007
    http://www.newshounds.us/2007/09/26/newt_gingrich_bush_should_blow_up_irans_natural_gas_insfrastructure.php

2. I would rather Hillary Clinton,the New York Post's 6th most evil person of the millennium,become president,than Newt Gingrich the mentalist.

3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

It'd do wonders for Global Warming, that's for sure :)

However - he DOES NOT say anywhere "Let's blow up Iranian Natural Gas Facilities" - sorry, but there are plenty of ways of sabotaging things without blowing them up.

You let your hatred of Yanks get in the way of a boring story.

4. These neocons have been mouthing off for years.

They dont have the balls to touch Iran, they know they'll lose the Middle East forever if they do.

5. But NWD is a Yank....
    and he gets to vote for someone else if he wants...as for the story...yes cpunk he does bomb it but that I would suggest is what he was thinking.

6. Well, he has declared World War III already.

Media whoring, sport of kings... :x

7. WW4 actually, the Cold War was apparently WW3...

8. Is there really only one petrol refinery? Might be worth keeping the option on the back burner if they ever tested a nuke, but I think that's all.

9. American freinds of mine were saying that Cheney was suggesting that the US should get Israel to attack the Iranian nuke facilities. The inevitable response would then give the US an excuse to intervene.

Anyone remember what happened last time some-one asked Israel to attack another country to provide an excuse for intervention ?

10. It's a thought. If they ever do decide to go on a bombing spree for three or four days they might as well hit any economic targets of opportunity as well whilst they're at it. Just hitting purely military sites is going to make them about as popular as a Nazi in Tel Aviv so you might as well go the full distance. IIRC the Revolutionary Guards have their own financial empire as a private non-governmental source of finance anyway so they're going to be hitting that anyway.

11. No, we have been through this before, this is actually WW2, WW1 was the Cold War, the others including the Napoleonic Wars, were in Mao’s terms European Civil Wars with Global consequences.

12. Europeans have a lot of cheek to talk about warmongering Americans, especially when

1) they profit from bloodthirsty regimes who inject instability into regions
    2) they refuse to take up the slack in NATO and UN
    3) they were responsible for the two most devastating wars the world has ever seen.

being a pussy in military terms and lacking righteous will does not mean you're contributing to world peace you know

13. Likely mr.Gingrich has baught a big package of Gazprom shares and intends to resold them with a good profit.

USMarineX for president!

He would break all ties with anti-democratical dictatorships in Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Pakistan. He would liberate Venezuela, Libya ...
    has Algeria oil and gas? Yes?... and Algeria.

14. WW1 = Serbian shot Austrian
    WW2 = Germany Invaded Poland

Unless you mean war with America :)

15. Dunno about warmongering, I reckon you are just a mong :roll:

Can't you say anything nice? :D