Ginger haired Jock admits to drink problem

Good. Let's get someone in with some fangs, and I don't mean Hughes.

Give him a break. I dont personally like the Ginger Twit but fair play to him for admitting it. Im also am ex squaddie so I wont be holding my breath for you lot to feel the same as me. :)

Effy20

When I heard he was to make a statement I automatically assumed he'd be resigning. Instead he's come out fighting and has had the bottle to admit he likes the bottle. Good for him, I'd still not vote Lib Dem but I respect him for what he's done today

Not of the yellow persuasion myself - not anymore at least - but brave to admit to the "illness". Good on him. Hope Hughes wins. Good man, Hughes.

Gis 10p fer a cup a tea, mate, eh?

Jacques_Bustard said:
When I heard he was to make a statement I automatically assumed he'd be resigning. Instead he's come out fighting and has had the bottle to admit he likes the bottle. Good for him, I'd still not vote Lib Dem but I respect him for what he's done today
Bollox, he's a washed up gwar jock soak just hoping for a big slice of the sympathy vote

trickywoo said:
Not of the yellow persuasion myself - not anymore at least - but brave to admit to the "illness". Good on him. Hope Hughes wins. Good man, Hughes.

Gis 10p fer a cup a tea, mate, eh?
Glad to see its also being spoken about as an "Illness" and that he is getting better a day at a time.

Effy20

Bill Wilsons boy.

Well at least it explains his policies over the last few years, I wonder what he'll think of them when he sobers up :lol:

Daz

Ps, hardly surprising news is it, his drink "problem" is one of the worse kept secrets in westminster

My local MP, and about as much use as a chocolate teapot at a barbeque in the desert at noon in the summer.

Lived here for 4 years and NEVER even seen him set foot in my town once.

He has now come out and called for a leadership debate. hey are all wringing their hands and patting him on the back. If the Lib Dems have any hope of holding office(fcuking hope not) he has to go. He LIED avout drinking, people have every right to wonder what else he would lie about.

Charles Kennedy has asked for a leadership contest he was quoted as saying.............

"Come on you Bashtards ya fcuking think ya can take me..............I fcukin love you...........lets get a kebab!"

We all know boozers. Some are full-on gibber gibber falling down 24 hr Chegwins and these we seldom meet. Many, many others are "functional alcoholics" who can down 4 pts at lunch and work through till 6 then get their jollies on the train home and appear the morrow apparently sober. The thing with Kennedy is the extent of the problem. Was he the former (unlikely given the omnipresent examination of his private life) or the latter? Or is this an excuse - using hard drinking as a public explanation for his failure as the leader?

Ford Prefect,

Cameron replies:

"Ja, well I would but, you know, I'm plus ones with Say-fee at Poo Na No till sooo late and we'll be a-solooly pi55ed then she's going to flash me her pink pussy. Ciao, Charles, see you laa ja,?

:lol:

I've just sent this email message to their web site:

Dear Charles,

I was saddened to hear your unfortunate news today and I would like to praise you for your openness, honesty and courage in facing the gutter press on TV tonight. You are truly a hero within the LibDems. I too have had to face my demons and I believe that the best way to achieve this is by seeking the help of people who have been in the same situation. I therefore would invite you to meet up with me and join me for a few malt whiskeys at The Silver Cross Public House on Whitehall tonight. Your buying you ginger git.

Yoursh Sincerly

John Prescott

(2 Jags)

Hic!

:D

Give him an invite to fall off the wagon:

charles@highlandlibdems.org.uk

Always struck me as the most "honest" of the politicians (Not that much of a compliment when competing against Blair). Fair play to him for fronting it out. Am I mistaken in thinking the Lib Dems had one of their most successful election performances under him?

PartTimePongo said:
Good. Let's get someone in with some fangs, and I don't mean Hughes.
What, Someone with balls and their own view on things?

I thought that was an exclusion criteria for the liberals :D

So Charlie Krankie has a drink problem? I shall be interested to see how The Scum and the other media that lauded George Best report the story.

Charlie has done a good job for the Lib Dems, but I can't see how any party leader can continue once 'outed' as having problems with alcohol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The NAAFI Bar 116
Bile-Spewer The NAAFI Bar 378
syndrome The NAAFI Bar 1